Windows Securty Alerts

Is anyone else getting the little red icon from Windows saying that BD is out of date? It's been like this since yesterday night, even though BD is updating regularly as it should.

BD is red, not gray, and says "PROTECTED: No issues are affecting the security status of the PC" so I'm not too worried about it, but it still annoying to see it.

Comments

• Anyone else have this problem? It is still telling me that BD is out of date.

• still a problem :(

• Hello gdobbs23,

Please open your BitDefender program and in Expert Mode go to Update.

Under Update look for Virus signatures and post here the number.

Also check when the last update took place.

Thank you.

• Hello gdobbs23,

Please open your BitDefender program and in Expert Mode go to Update.

Under Update look for Virus signatures and post here the number.

Also check when the last update took place.

Thank you.

Virus signature: 4959613

Last update: 2/15/2010 8:27:30 AM

• Virus signature: 4959613

Last update: 2/15/2010 8:27:30 AM

So...any update on why I am still getting this message?

• gdobbs23
    edited February 2010
    So...any update on why I am still getting this message?

Can I please get some help with this? It is still saying that I'm out of date and it looks like the virus signature is the same as it was a week ago. PLEASE HELP.

Virus signature: 4959613

Last update: 2/26/2010 8:53PM

I did a manual update and it downloaded and installed an update successfully. Why is Windows saying I'm out of date?

• Hello gdobbs23,

In order to solve the Windows Security Center issue, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Control Panel and open Administrative tools.

2. Click on Services.

3. Stop these services:

Security Center

Windows Management Instrumentation

4. Let them Automatically start.

5. Remove the directory C:\Windows\System32\wbem\Repository

6. Reboot and check if the issue still occurs.

Please let us know if the situation persists after following the steps above.

Thank you.

• Hello gdobbs23,

In order to solve the Windows Security Center issue, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Control Panel and open Administrative tools.

2. Click on Services.

3. Stop these services:

Security Center

Windows Management Instrumentation

4. Let them Automatically start.

5. Remove the directory C:\Windows\System32\wbem\Repository

6. Reboot and check if the issue still occurs.

Please let us know if the situation persists after following the steps above.

Thank you.

I do not see Administrative tools in the Control Panel. I'm on XP if that matters.

• I do not see Administrative tools in the Control Panel. I'm on XP if that matters.

Nevermind, I found it...but after the reboot, the alert is still there. Problem is not fixed.

• Hello gdobbs23,

In order to be able to further investigate the issue you are dealing with please provide us with the following information:

1. Open BitDefender -> go to Settings -> Switch UI to Expert Mode. In the Expert view please go to the Update module and click on Update now. After the update process is finished please tell us the Virus Signature and Engine Version you are seeing.

2. Browse to the following location:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner\av32bit_xxx\Plugins

(where xxx is the latest number) and search for update.txt.

Upload the update.txt file on Sendspace and send me a PM with the download link.

3. Please also follow the steps from this article, upload the diagnostic reaports (BDFileInfo.log, BDRegnode.reg and Sysdump.tar) on Sendspace and send me a PM with the download links.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

• I PM'ed you the info.

• I PM'ed you the info.

Three days and I still haven't heard back yet...

• Three days and I still haven't heard back yet...

It's been over a month now since I reported this issue and it still isn't fixed.

• It's been over a month now since I reported this issue and it still isn't fixed.

Problem not going away on its own...Carmen Cernev, can you at least acknowledge you got my PM and are looking into this problem?

• Hello gdobbs23,

We are very sorry for the late response.

I noticed in the update.txt you sent me on Mar 4 2010 that the Update time was Mon Feb 1, 11:17:59, 2010.

Please be so kind as to check if the Windows date from your computer is correct. Please also open BitDefender in Expert mode, click on Update now and when the update process is finished tell me what are the Virus Signatures and Engine Version.

Thank you.

• Hello gdobbs23,

I noticed in the update.txt you sent me on Mar 4 2010 that the Update time was Mon Feb 1, 11:17:59, 2010.

Please be so kind as to check if the Windows date from your computer is correct. Please also open BitDefender in Expert mode, click on Update now and when the update process is finished tell me what are the Virus Signatures and Engine Version.

Thank you.

Yes, the Windows date on my PC is correct (it says March 15 right now).

After a manual update at 5:17PM it says: Virus signatures 4959613

Engine Version 7.30161

A prompt response would be appreciated since it sounds like something isn't updating correctly and I'm not happy this has taken so incredibly long to resolve.

• Yes, the Windows date on my PC is correct (it says March 15 right now).

After a manual update at 5:17PM it says: Virus signatures 4959613

Engine Version 7.30161

A prompt response would be appreciated since it sounds like something isn't updating correctly and I'm not happy this has taken so incredibly long to resolve.

still waiting...

• problem not going away by itself...

• pyrotech
    edited March 2010

I have a problem with this as well.. Its random and goes away.. but the bigger problem is my windows home server keeps telling me I do not have virus/spyware installed on every computer that has bitdefender installed.. after research for hours it appears bitdefender ###### at talking with Security Center in windows.. seems to happen when you shutdown and bitdefender closes before windows security center does..

other virus programs have no problems.. so this is a bitdefender problem.. if this issue isnt fixed i will be asking for a refund..

• I have a problem with this as well.. Its random and goes away.. but the bigger problem is my windows home server keeps telling me I do not have virus/spyware installed on every computer that has bitdefender installed.. after research for hours it appears bitdefender ###### at talking with Security Center in windows.. seems to happen when you shutdown and bitdefender closes before windows security center does..

other virus programs like Avast and AVG have no problems.. so this is a bitdefender problem.. if this issue isnt fixed i will be asking for a refund..

So I'm not the only one...how many more until BD cares about fixing this issue?

• The latest definitions is at 5474032.

Engine is : 7.30848

What happens when you try to update from the update tab in expert mode?

• The latest definitions is at 5474032.

Engine is : 7.30848

What happens when you try to update from the update tab in expert mode?

It says "Last update installed successfully." I just downloaded and installed something that was 147 KB. If it wasn't for the Microsoft alert, I'd have no idea there was a problem since BD says "PROTECTED: No issues are effecting the security of this PC." Something is definitely up though with this because BD still says I have the same definitions/engine as I had a month and a half ago.

• Hello gdobbs23,

Thank you.

I'm sorry, but what is the point of me answering this question if a week and a half passes without a response?

• Unknown
    edited March 2010

Hello gdobbs23,

We are very sorry for the late response and we hope to assist you in a timely fashion from now on. We have sent you an email with some steps in order to solve this issue. Please be so kind as to reply to the email and let us know if the issue persists after following the instructions.

Thank you.

• In case anyone is wondering, after a month and half of posting on this forum, my problem wasn't fixed. After emailing support (I did this before Carmen sent the email she posted about), the problem was fixed in less than 2 days. The fix you ask? Repair BitDefender. Unbelievable.