Bit Defender Hangs Up

So totally new to this forum. I am trying to install bitdefender 2010. First I tried from the CD with no success. Finally called company and she told me to try installing from website. Tried that with no sucess. It downloads ok however, once it gets to the "registering modules" stage, it hangs up. At that point my computer slows down to a complete crawl and off to "uninstall" and restart computer. Does not look like I will be able to get much help from customer service so I am hoping someone here has maybe dealt with same issue and can tell me how to fix it.

I am running no AV right now and that's scary. In between uninstalling my old one and installing this one, my computer got infected. I am just now able to post.

Please help. I am starting to wonder if BitDefender is even worth all the trouble!!

thanks

rose B)

Comments

• baskey
    edited March 2010
    So totally new to this forum. I am trying to install bitdefender 2010. First I tried from the CD with no success. Finally called company and she told me to try installing from website. Tried that with no sucess. It downloads ok however, once it gets to the "registering modules" stage, it hangs up. At that point my computer slows down to a complete crawl and off to "uninstall" and restart computer. Does not look like I will be able to get much help from customer service so I am hoping someone here has maybe dealt with same issue and can tell me how to fix it.

I am running no AV right now and that's scary. In between uninstalling my old one and installing this one, my computer got infected. I am just now able to post.

Please help. I am starting to wonder if BitDefender is even worth all the trouble!!

thanks

rose B)

I am having exactly the same problem - where the PC hangs at registering product. Hopefully someone can help us ???? :(

• Hello roset & baskey,

In order to solve this issue please be so kind as to make sure you uninstalled any other security solution you might have on the same computer (any spyware removal, Ad Aware or another antivirus). We also recommend you to run a registry cleaner on your computer.

Having more then one security products installed on the same PC can degrade performance and cause system instability. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background. We recommend you to uninstall all the other security solutions in order for BitDefender to work properly.

Also, during the registration process please let the trial license key and click on Next. After you will finish the installation process please restart your computer, open BitDefender, click on the Register now link from the bottom and enter your license key.

If the issue still persists please be so kind as to follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

Please upload the reports (sysdump.tar, bdfileinfo.log and bdregnode.reg) on Sendspace and send me a PM with the links for download or click here in order to submit the reports directly to our Technical Support Team.

roset: Please also use the uninstall tool in order to remove any previous BitDefender related files before reinstalling the software.

Access the link and when the window with the BitDefender file appears, please choose the "Save to disk" option. Save the tool on the PC, run it, restart the computer.

Thank you.