Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Automatic Shutdown After Scheduled Scan

Options

I've switched from AVG Free to Bitdefender when I had a new PC built - Bitdefender total security 2010 - after reading comparisons and due diligence. I'm happy so far, except there doesn't appear to be an option to have the PC automatically shut down after a scheduled scan where no infection was found. I liked this amenity in AVG and wonder why it either doesn't exist in BD2010 or can't be found.

Comments

• aquila,

Please follow the steps bellow in order to set your computer to Shut down if no threats are found:

• open BitDefender and go to Settings from the top right corner

• Switch UI to Expert Mode, click Apply and then OK
    • go to the Antivirus module, Virus Scan tab
    • right click on the type of scan you scheduled and choose Properties
    • a new window will appear where you are able to change the scan properties
    • go to the Overview tab
    • on the bottom of the window you will see the option If no threats are found, take this action
    • here you can choose the Shut down computer option from the drop down menu.
    Thank you
  • aquila
    Options
    ###### aquila,

Please follow the steps bellow in order to set your computer to Shut down if no threats are found:

• open BitDefender and go to Settings from the top right corner

• Switch UI to Expert Mode, click Apply and then OK
    • go to the Antivirus module, Virus Scan tab
    • right click on the type of scan you scheduled and choose Properties
    • a new window will appear where you are able to change the scan properties
    • go to the Overview tab
    • on the bottom of the window you will see the option If no threats are found, take this action
    • here you can choose the Shut down computer option from the drop down menu.
    Thank you

Thank you, so much! I appreciate the help in getting used to this new and apparently excellent product!