Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scan On Demand Bitdefender Total Security Not Working

Options

Scan on demand Bitdefender Total Security 2010..not working.A few days ago i received a issue notice that i never done a computer scan,when i click to fix it i receive the message that the operation failed.Also when i click "scan now" from the antivirus,shield section,it doesn't respond at all.I don't think that is normal.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello BogdanMihai,

Please go to the next location "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles" (on Windows XP) or "C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles" (on Windows Vista or Windows 7 ), look after the file called "tasks_system.xml", upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/, then post here the download link .

Thank you .

• Downunder111
    edited September 2009
    Options

Dear Alex,

I have sent you two private messages asking for help. I have managed to install BD2010 thanks to your help but I have the same problem as above, in addition to another problem where the BD security warning says I don't have a firewall turned on.

I tried to follow your advice above but I don't have the file you have asked for. When I get to the "Profiles" folder it has another folder in it called "Logs" which inside that has four different kind of scan folders.

Please help or advise how I can organise a refund for the BD2010 product I have purchased as my computer has gone unprotected for over a month already.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Downunder111 and BogdanMihai,

Please try the steps bellow :

1. Download a modified tasks_system.xml file from the next link:http://www.sendspace.com/file/fys4yv.

2. Reboot the PC in Safe Mode.

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

3. Set your computer to Display Hidden Files And Folders

- go to your "Control Panel" and open "Folder Options";

- then go to the "View" tab and perform the changes listed below:

* check "Display contents of system folders"

* check "Show hidden files and folders"

* uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types"

* uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"

- click "Apply" and then "OK" to exit.

NOTE: On Microsoft Windows Vista you will apply the same steps except for selecting "Display contents of system folders".

For more information you can read the following article:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB354-en--Reveal...em-folders.html

4. Go to the next location C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles (for Windows Vista and Win 7) or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles (Windows XP) and copy the tasks_system.xml file here. When you will be asked if you want to replace the file choose Yes .

5. Start your computer in Normal Mode , try to perform a scan and let us know if you receive the same message .

Thank you .

• It worked for me..it started the scan but i stopped because of lack of time.I observed that before the "System Tasks" didn't include any task at all,like Deep scan,system scan.. .Tomorrow morning i will start a deep scan and i'll reply here if i have any problems.Thx. :)

• Hi Alex

I have no system tasks either. The file on Sendspace has expired, could you please upload a new one and post the link. Running IS2010.

Thanx for solving the bdselfpr.sys BSODs, for me anyway.

• Hello Stingrae,

We are very sorry for the late response. We have uploaded a new task_system.xml on Sendspace. Please click here in order to download it.

Thank you.