Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

"enable" Firewall?

Options

Hi--

Yesterday morning I got on the computer, and had not turned it off the night before, I usually just leave it on. Well, I wasn't seeing any traffic in my little graph icon (File zone, Net zone) so got into Main Console and clicked on something or other, and got a message that the Firewall was not operating, and to "Enable it."

So two questions -- how do you enable or disable both the firewall (AND the AV while I'm at it) and also, how in the world did the firewall get disabled (or turned off) in any event? I sure didn't do it.

Thanks,

Carol

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello C-1000

You can disable and enable antivirus by unchecking realtime protection when you go to the antivirus section. That is the same for the firewall. If that fails then you have to check if the BitDefender services are still running: start,run,at the run dialog box type services.msc and take a look at the services that have BitDefender in the name leftclick on them and choose start.To verify if files are still scanned start BitDefender,go to antivirus,and take a look at the statistics. Sometimes you will not see anything on the graph because BitDefender is only scanning a small file. So you have to check it in BitDefender.

The reason why your firewall was disabled could be due an update of BitDefender sometimes not all services are restarted automatically. To see what happened go to general,events and select firewall. Normally every event is logged.

Regards

Niels

• Thanks Niels--

I wanted to print that out, so copy/pasted it into an email. Is there a way to just print out an isolated reply direct from this forum? Or would I get the entire thread?

• Niels
    Niels
    edited August 2007
    Options

Hello C-1000

There isn't a forum option for just printing one reply. So you have to use print entire topic and select the reply you wanted to print. After that select in your printer print only this section.

Regards

Niels

• Hello C-1000

There isn't a forum option for just printing one reply. So you have to use print entire topic and select the reply you wanted to print. After that select in your printer print only this section.

Regards

Niels

Okay, I found "Print Topic." (It's under "Options" at the top of the thread.) I didn't realize I could then highlight just a section, and that my printer would then offer to print "selection." That's great to know, thanks, Niels.

Carol

• Niels
    Options

Hello C-1000

Glad that I could help you.

Regards

Niels