Bitdefender 2010 64bit Fix

got the same prob as every1 else on ere today with the fakealert.5 trojans what i did was repair my bitdefender it updated with the latest update and all seems to be working fine im running win 7 ultimate 64bit and my comp just finished doing its setup scan and found nothing

hope this helps

Comments

• got the same prob as every1 else on ere today with the fakealert.5 trojans what i did was repair my bitdefender it updated with the latest update and all seems to be working fine im running win 7 ultimate 64bit and my comp just finished doing its setup scan and found nothing

hope this helps

When was your last update? Mine was about 50 minutes ago (2:48pm central time, canada). I still don't think it is working because i still get the alert that pops up if i leave real time protection on. This is very frustrating.

• got the same prob as every1 else on ere today with the fakealert.5 trojans what i did was repair my bitdefender it updated with the latest update and all seems to be working fine im running win 7 ultimate 64bit and my comp just finished doing its setup scan and found nothing

hope this helps

also do the same if bitdefender stops responding or vsserv.exe not responding please restart your system that'll be the message thats shown theres no point restarting as it will do the same so just do a repair on your bitdefender then all should be fine :D

• When was your last update? Mine was about 50 minutes ago (2:48pm central time, canada). I still don't think it is working because i still get the alert that pops up if i leave real time protection on. This is very frustrating.

my last update was about an hour or so ago but i did a repair on my bitdefender 1st as the update was'nt going in when i was getting the trojan.fakealert.5 pop-ups

• my last update was about an hour or so ago but i did a repair on my bitdefender 1st as the update was'nt going in when i was getting the trojan.fakealert.5 pop-ups

How do you do a "repair" on bitdefender. Sorry, I'm not familiar with this process. Please, please, please, explain...i'm so stressed out. I have a school project due on monday :(

• How do you do a "repair" on bitdefender. Sorry, I'm not familiar with this process. Please, please, please, explain...i'm so stressed out. I have a school project due on monday :(

start button / all programs / bitdefender in there you will find the repair or remove click that then on he next screen tick the repair box hope this helps

• also to avoid further problems you can temporarily put the Ignore action on the real time scanner and check if the fake av issue still happens.

• naquadax
    edited March 2010

When you choose to repair your Bitdefender, did it keep your quarantined files ?

• When you choose to repair your Bitdefender, did it keep your quarantined files ?

it will keep the quarantined files.

• When you choose to repair your Bitdefender, did it keep your quarantined files ?

when i did the repair there was no files in quarentine on completion of the set up as it was like doing a fresh install as i had'nt shut down my pc when the problems started

• Ok, thanks a lot for your feedback !

• start button / all programs / bitdefender in there you will find the repair or remove click that then on he next screen tick the repair box hope this helps

This worked on one of my computers but my other one is still cycling through the windows repair attempts during bootup. I hope it manages to fix itself.

Did your windows try to repair itself when you restarted?

• This worked on one of my computers but my other one is still cycling through the windows repair attempts during bootup. I hope it manages to fix itself.

Did your windows try to repair itself when you restarted?

my windows started up fine once i repaired bitdefender

virus sig 4523986

eng ver 7.28887

• I did exactly as you stated. My quarantines' files have all disappear, is that suppose to happen? My BD is also updated (finally) after failing to auto and manually update so thank you for that!

hope this helps

I tried repairing but the Repair button is grayed out. I can only remove the program -- but if I do that, my quarantined files are removed also, right?

post-28605-1269128615_thumb.jpg

This discussion has been closed.