Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan Fakealert 5 Bd Completely Rendered My Pc Usless..

Options

so my pc booted up i went to the store, and when i came back BD deleted/quarantined almost 5000 files.

i couldn't restore any of them!!!! then my pc gave me BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!!!

restarted and now vista 64bit is now useless, cannot repair or restore........ so my question is...

how will bitdefender restore my confidence in there security?

also, where do i get a refund for the 265 days i have left... this isnt right.... we should have been warned.

Comments

• I just sent a support ticket in, and they still dont send me a confirmation email....also tried there tech phone support, looks like there not taking any calls. been waiting for a hour.....

• I just sent a support ticket in, and they still dont send me a confirmation email....also tried there tech phone support, looks like there not taking any calls. been waiting for a hour.....

I tried contacting them earlier but I assume they must be swamped with hundreds of support calls right now.

The files are quarantined which is why Vista does not run. The files in question are renamed and copied to the quarantine folder.

Two suggestions:

1) Do a repair using a recovery DVD or Windows DVD

2) Wait for BitDefender team to come up with a hotfix for this.

This discussion has been closed.