Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

F8 And Last Good Does Not Work

Options

I reset boot from HD to CD. But my ACronis boot disk will not boot. I just used it a couple weeks ago to restore XP after trying win7 so I know it is not the CD. The Intel Boot Agent tries twice and then says check cable.

I tried F8 and got the various optinos including boot with command line and restore last good. Neither works.

I keep getting a different login pane that allows me to enter my name and password. As soon as I enter it it essentially logs me off and gives me the option to log in or shutdown. While it gives this opiont, the hard drive is churning like crazy.....

Without a CD drive that works and without the ability to restore XP what is left?

Randy

Comments

• Kieran
    Options
    Without a CD drive that works and without the ability to restore XP what is left?

Randy

You can't be sure the CD drive is failing. Are you using a desktop? If so, and you are safe with tinkering, you need to open up the cse, and temporarily replace the CD drive with one from another machine that you know is working. It's not a major task, and only requires a screwdriver and the unplugging/plugging of two cables that can't be plugged in incorrectly.

Kieran