New Fix Not Working

win7x64

boot_s fine 9although this morning it said it couldn't log me on, but worked after restart.

db quarantined itself so obv can't open. and when i use the patch it doesn't fix anything, it just gets to the end of extracting and then comes up with a prob.

attached 2 pics, first the extraction prob, second what happens when i try start bd.

post-32172-1269167044_thumb.jpg

post-32172-1269167062_thumb.jpg

Comments

• anyone?

• Try uninstall BD and go with alternative product. After BD zapped my system, System Repair fortunately worked on my next start-up and I have my machine running again. I dont trust their so-called patches. So right now I'm uninstalling BD and switching to another product like Avast.

• win7x64

boot_s fine 9although this morning it said it couldn't log me on, but worked after restart.

db quarantined itself so obv can't open. and when i use the patch it doesn't fix anything, it just gets to the end of extracting and then comes up with a prob.

attached 2 pics, first the extraction prob, second what happens when i try start bd.

use the tool here: http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall and then reboot. after that, reinstall the program.

• Try uninstall BD and go with alternative product. After BD zapped my system, System Repair fortunately worked on my next start-up and I have my machine running again. I dont trust their so-called patches. So right now I'm uninstalling BD and switching to another product like Avast.

Software companies always try to downplay issues. You may have to face the fact that the white knight aka the "patch" will not fix the issue. First of all the patch only works if you have a working BD install. My guess is that BD flagged itself as a virus like it did with other users and is therefore not working.

You can try to "re-install". I tried this, but it tells you that you need to "un-install" the old BD first. Beware! I'm not sure you should do this. I un-installed and re-installed as per what the software told me to do. The clean install had an *empty quarantine folder", that's right all the files were gone.

I am now happily running a a shiny new install of BD with the new patch. Too bad all my files are gone eh? Expect more euphamisms and vague statements out of BD about working on the "issue" (developer euphamism for when something goes wrong). Also expct BD to downplay the number of users that have this problem (damage control), a few users, inexperienced users blah blah.

You may have to face the fact the BD has lost you data. I trusted this company to provide me with a security service. They have failed me totally, what's more who'd be mad enough to trust them to store your data in their "File Vault" service. I will be stressed out the whole of this Sunday wasting my time trying to get my system operation thanks to bitdefender, what a great way to spend the weekend. As per the above poster, I will be looking for alternative solutions to this dangerous product.

• your quarantine was empty because the patch does the quarantine restore.all you're files are gone coz they were restored.if you have problems installing or uninstalling please use the removal tool then use a fresh copy of BD.

lol Avast, have you done any research on that product? gl lol. It has failed countless of times on trojan detection, just go do some research on a product before you go and use it is all i can say :)

• For assistance on the Trojan.FakeAlert.5 please post only on this topic: Click Here !

Topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.