Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Fix Released For Trojan.fakealert.5

Ok so the fix has been released. I receive errors. Such as 'livesrv.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The procedure entry point ?get_value@@YAHPEAU_TDFILE@@PEB_W1PEAX_K1H@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library bdutils.dll.' and 'Bitdefender Update Service has stopped working.' and 'Error C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service\bdsubwiz.exe An error occurred while trying to create a file destination directory: Access is denied.' I have administrative rights.

So I then decided to attemp to start BitDefender. But before I could do this - because BitDefender quarantined its own files - I had to reinstall BitDefender. Once I launched it I can see I have NOTHING in the Quarantine folder - so I'm going to assume it deleted all those files it quarantined this morning and the update panel shows that the 'BitDefender Update Service is UNAVAILABLE.'

What now?!?

Comments

• I'm having the exact same problem with the exact same message. I can boot into windows but the update service of BD is not working.

What to do?

• I'm having the exact same problem with the exact same message. I can boot into windows but the update service of BD is not working.

What to do?

Now that you are on windows. go to quarantine and put back all the files that are not bitdefender or windows because those wont go back for some reason. Just click on all the ones that are not windows or bitdefender and hold the control key. You will highlight all the ones you can restore. Then I just installed a new copy of bitdefender. You will loose all the rest that are in quarantine but I didn't care because I had a restore point from yesterday morning.

• Phenoz
    edited March 2010

After installing the patch, updating BitDefender and restarting my computer the files in quarantine were still there. All of them. And now I've started to receive error messages from the Action Center regarding a Graphics card hardware error. What the @He'll@ is going on ?! Is it possible that my BitDefender quarantined some files from my graphics card driver that caused this malfunction?

So, how about a REAL fix? I haven't deleted any of my files: they are still in the quarantine...But the program doesn't find C:\Windows\System32

Later Edit: It seems that BitDefender does not find any path at all.

• It appears that the BitDefender staff doesn't really care whether or not they fix what they screwed up. At this point, I'm creating a backup of files and am doing a factory restore of my laptop. I will then have to go through and install all the applications that I've added since then with the exception of BitDefender of course. BitDefender has been removed off all three of my personal computers. I've recommended and installed BitDefender on other computers and will be going through those this week and replacing BitDefender as well. This has nothing to do with a mistake - albeit a huge one. This has to do with the lack of customer service and support. When I intend to buy a product I go to as many review sites as possible to help make my decision and customer service is a priority. I will now be going to as many review sites as possible to help others make their decision.

• Technical Support tells me that the patch is for BD 2010 only. I am running 2009. When I asked when that patch might be available the answer was we're working on it.

Poor product, poor answers, poor support.