Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

The Final Version Of Bitdefender V11 ?

Options

I found a version on Bitdefender FTP, bitdefender_totalsecurity_v11-200708101308.exe, the url

is :

ftp://ftp.bitdefender.com/pub/windows/Tem...00708101308.exe

I wondered if this is the final version of bitdefender V11 ??

Comments

• The final version of BD 11 will be released in about 1-2 months. So that can't be the official final version of the product.

Andrei

• maximus
    edited August 2007
    Options

It could be an RC version ;) If you have downloaded and it has more than 38,8 MB than is different than beta 4

• i think the dude scanned the bitdefender ftp. :D snicky

• Version 11 is a rewritten from scratch or it uses the same AV engine?

• mihai_romanian
    edited August 2007
    Options

Every new version has a different engine(i think)and since v11 was moustly made for Vista(although it's compatible with XP as well)so yeah it has a totaly new engine and lots of cool new features(try out the beta 4 it's awesome).

wondered if this is the final version of bitdefender V11 ??

Since is still a beta version i would say No it's not the final version.

• Version 11 definitely has a new core and engine, there are very little things that are used from the previous versions.

And if there are modules or other pieces from the last versions they were surely not left untouched.

• Well, basically saying, the BD engine and program are different from each other IMO. For example we can see the latest engine version is still 7.1. The new program versions only added support for additional databases, i.e. rootkit detection etc. Don't know about version 11 but Florin's comments sound very darn interesting! :D

• The engine is already changed. Even though the version is still named with 7.1 because that number marks the "version of the signature", sort of :), it has nothing to do with the version of the engine.

• I don`t know if v11 has a different engine, but i can say is faster than v10.

• As I'm an employee at BitDefender HQ you could show some little trust about the information that I'm giving you. ;)

It is a new engine.

• AcceleratorX
    edited August 2007
    Options

Okay, so its a new engine. Can you also tell me what improvements will the new engine bring apart from better unpack support and improved scan speed? :D

Edit: Florin, please check your PM in a few minutes :)

• bjproc
    edited August 2007
    Options

will this new version of BD have the ability to scan your PC from safe mode?

i was told in an email from BD support that the next version will have this feature

• Ivo
    Options

Not sure, but i will try and let you know.

• Ivo
    Options

I have tried, and yes you can now scan in safe mode. But only with the manual scan option. You cannot start BitDefender program itself but you can start the manual scan which is in the all programs folder next to BitDefender shortcut.

• thanks.

i was told you could do it with V10, but you had to use cmd lines, IIRC, not the most practical