Bad Update Or....? - Solution Here: Http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=18789

Comments

• @BitMonts: Yes, these are the good versions. Luckily you will not experience this issue.

• Carmen & BD people,

Honestly I finished (one by one) checking that all the files were in the right folder. Yes it took me 5 straigth hours!!!!.

Once I saw that all files were in place, I upgraded from BD 2008 to 2010.

I let everything run and now SEEMS like my computer is properly running (I will not confirm this until I spend a full week and check the functionality of my computer).

Unfortunately, I wish a patch should have come earlier. Anyway, is running again and I did not loose any document.

Would you please give me in a PM the email of a BD executive. I like to write a small letter regarding this issue.

If I do not get the email address, then I will post it here.

Thanks and good luck to the rest of users that still have a chance to restablish their computer integrity.

THEPAPA

• Hi,

Big problem for me, I downloaded the patch for 2009 I've succeeded to put in in my infected pc but I can't launch it, it says that mpr.dll is missing. Lot of my applications are blocked included bitdefender ...(i forgot i have Xp with BD 2009 and no Xp cd because it was on my computer when I bought it)

Can you help me ??

• I've read through the last few pages of this thread, and nothing quite matches what I'm seeing, so...

I got through the whole Trojan.FakeAlert.5 mess, got my quarantined files moved back, etc. I made a post about the system behavior I saw quite a few pages ago as I repaired/reinstalled BD.

BUT...I'm not able to get it to upgrade past 7.30471. All BD services are running fine (I'm not having problems with the desktop update service like some people are - this service is running fine). But every time I click on Update, it says no updates available.

Do I need to completely uninstall and reinstall BD?

• Also, if anyone else has the Update Service Unavailable and BitDefender 2008 should try to use the patch for BtiDefender 2009.

BD AV 2008

Vista x64

My BitDefender 2008 won't run at all. Should I try the 2009 Patch - are you sure this is safe?

I've already run the 2010 Patch by mistake when there was no notice on the site that it was for 2010 ONLY. Luckly this didn't seem to cause any problems, and actual restored a FEW of my quarantined files. But I did hear from a few people that running the 2010 patch caused more problems for them.

Thanks.

• I tried the patch. Now I am totally disabled. Will not boot in any mode. Was going to reinstall OS but can't even do that. I'm not very "techie" when it comes to this stuff and need some guidance on my options now. Vista OS with I'm guessing the 2009 bitDefender preinstalled on my Dell. Anybody?

• @brockwilliams:

Please access this web site form where you will be able to download the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility;

Browse to 'Download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility' and click on the link next to 'Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now';

Select to Save the msicuu2.exe file and after it is saved, please run it. Please click on 'Next' in the new window that will appear, then click on Next and then click on 'Finish' in order to finish the installation of Windows Installer CleanUp Utility';

After the software is installed please click on Start - Windows Clean Up Install and select the Microsoft Works entry in that window;

Remove the installation, then reinstall Microsoft Works and check if the issue still occurs.

error 1402 wouldn't load at all now. before it would load but now it won't do anything.

• @THEPAPA: Unfortunately we are not able to provide you with this information but you can contact the Customer Service from here and I can assure you that your email will be redirected to the appropriate department.

• Unknown
    edited March 2010

@06200: Please try to use the System Restore function from Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> System tools.

@Chris S: Please make sure that the Windows date is set up corectly, then try to Update again BitDefender. Please also tell me if you are receiving the same message in Expert mode/Advanced view -> Update module.

@noisymonk: You will be able to run the patch and restore the files only if the Update Service are unavailable from BitDefender 2008.

@totallyblank: Please be so kind as to tell me in what language is your operating system?

@brockwilliams: I am very sorry to here this. Could you please try to use the Windows CD in order to repair the operating system. You can use it in Normal Mode. Go to Start -> Search -> type sfc /scannow and hit Enter. Follow the steps and use the CD when requested.

• @06200: Please try to use the System Restore function from Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> System tools.

Doesn't work but I tried by pressing F8 at the beginning but if I restore windows, am I going to loose all my files?

• @06200: Please try to use the System Restore function from Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> System tools.

@Chris S: Please make sure that the Windows date is set up corectly, then try to Update again BitDefender. Please also tell me if you are receiving the same message in Expert mode/Advanced view -> Update module.

@noisymonk: You will be able to run the patch and restore the files only if the Update Service are unavailable from BitDefender 2008.

@totallyblank: Please be so kind as to tell me in what language is your operating system?

@brockwilliams: I am very sorry to here this. Could you please try to use the Windows CD in order to repair the operating system. You can use it in Normal Mode. Go to Start -> Search -> type sfc /scannow and hit Enter. Follow the steps and use the CD when requested.

English, if I'm understanding your question correctly.

• brockwilliams
    edited March 2010

gatways don't come with software...its loaded on the computer

• @Chris S: Please make sure that the Windows date is set up corectly, then try to Update again BitDefender. Please also tell me if you are receiving the same message in Expert mode/Advanced view -> Update module.

The date is set correctly, and I only use the BitDefender UI in Expert mode. I just tried updating again, and same message, no updates available.

• @06200 The System Restore feature affects the following folders from Windows:

Documents and Settings - meaning My Documents / My Pictures / My Photos, etc

Windows folder

Program Files folder

Windows Registry

If you have 2 drives, all the files from the drive on which Windows is not installed will not be modified in any way.

• noisymonk
    edited March 2010

Okay, so I finally gave in and ran the 2009 Patch even though I'm running 2008.

All my quarantined files were restored (except for a few truely infected files that were quarantined a few weeks ago).

I restarted my computer and everything seems to working normally - haven't tested all my programs yet, but I'll get around to that soon. Only problem is that the BitDefender Update Service isn't working. I tried to 'Repair' BD but the option is greyed out. I also tried running the seccenter.exe to try and manually update, but that didn't work either.

I'm not fully confident that my computer is back to normal.. would it be possible for me to backup the Quaratine folder, uninstall BD 2008, install 2010 and paste in the old Quarantine folder and have 2010 recognise it? If so, could I then I run the 2010 patch?

Or is there a better option for me?

• felix_rehschuh
    edited March 2010
    Hi,

Please keep focus on a bootable solution. I have 2 pc's which are in a never ending "System Repair" mode. The second one happened when I tried the patch and it asked for a reboot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

br

Tom

wow, there seems to be someone with the same problem I have, and he really gets an answer...

do me the favor and tell me if you have found a solution by yourself...

@aqua-plane: We are taking your request in consideration but unfortunately I am not able to tell you right now if we will be able to provide you with a bootable solution.

how are the chances that you will be able? i really dont want to kill my system as long as i know that the missing files are there, just renamed and moved to quarantine...

• There is a bootable fix now.

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#650

No idea why it isn't posted on the main site or in any articles.

• @Chris S To solve this Update issue, we need more information about the BitDefender product installed on your computer and the files that the update module has at this moment. We have sent you an email with the steps you need to follow so that you can send us the relevant information for this issue.

@noisymonk If there are no legitimate files in the Quarantine it means that they were all restored, as none of the files detected by the issue update were deleted. In case there is a software that does not work properly, you can try to repair it.

Importing the Quarantine into the BitDefender 2010 product should normally work, but I did not test this in order to provide you a 100% sure answer. If you want you can save the 2008 Quarantine to another folder, then install BitDefender 2010, copy (not CUT) the Quarantine folder to the 2010 one and then check if it is recognized. If it does not work you can go back to 2008 and you will have the original Quarantine to import.

Also, if you prefer, we can send you an email to troubleshoot the BitDefender 2008 issue and solve the Update module.

Let us know.

• At this moment we have also created a Rescue CD in order to solve this issue. The initial article created to solve this issue was updated to contain the Rescue CD steps as well. Indeed, this article has steps on how to use the Rescue CD in order to solve issues on the X64 computers which were affected by the update.

• Thanks for the quick reply.

I want to upgrade to 2010 anyways, so I will try that solution first.

If by chance 2010 does not recognise my 2008 Quarantine, where can I download BD AV 2008? I can't find a link for it on your site.

Thanks.

• Actually I do. I used Win7 when it first came out as beta. So I had many reinstalls from them til now.

But like I said, when you do a clean install, without a format, ALL files will still be saved without any personal data lost.

It's what I said, you can't imagine what is the hassle to recover a computer when you are a novice !!!! Could you just imagine that ??? rookies which aren't aware of anything in the informatic world and try to figure out what is that mess and what they made wrong ??? Sorry but just type www.bitdefender.fr or .com and see how bitdefender is assuming the problem.

• @noisymonk You have below the links for the BitDefender Antivirus 2008:

32 bit version

64 bit version

Download kits for older version of the BitDefender products are not kept on the main website, only the latest product is.

@quangdang Indeed, for a computer novice this issue can seem to much to handle and we are doing all we can in order to help everybody affected by this issue, regardless of their computer skill. As far as I can see, there is a link on all our websites in the Press Center that refers to this issue and that points to the Knowledge Base article.

At this moment just googling words about this issue would take a user to the Knowledge Base article and I do hope that the steps there are comprehensive enough for anyone to follow.

• Look here folks...

...it's not that difficult.

1. Disable BitDefender's "Real-time protection"

2. Find out which programs you need to download...then download them

3. Download the BitDefender patch

4. Uninstall BitDefender

5. Reinstall your programs

6. Reboot your machine

7. Install BitDefender

8. Install the patch

9. Drink some hot cocoa

Hey sub when you're done doing all of this for yourself why don't you volunteer to do it for the folks that are not as PC savvy as you...people who respond like this are as clueless as I dunno...let's say the 80% population of PC users that just want to point and click. I can't imagine all the end users that never go to a forum or know what one is are going through now that own this software. They are probably screaming and yelling at the manufacture of the PC like they always do when they have a problem. Hey could be a money making opportunity dude!

• Ok its almost 48hours since Bitdefender started destroying my system.

I have done something anyone would do, i have installed and trusted the warnings from my Anti-virus system. Not only that, i have followed all official recommendations and made absolutely sure that i only take advice official employees. I have also only applied your official patches(which has failed to load since bitdefender files were in quarantine).

After following the above tip. Sunday Afternoon, after waiting for a patch for 7hours while loosing business(since i was afraid i could not shut my computer down with all system files in quarantine). I believed i could turn my computer off since: "the files you are trying to restore already exist on your computer" and "try to run the patch in Safemode"(meaning i would have to reboot)

Needless to say that tip killed what little was left of my computer. As i stated in an earlier post its a laptop with no restore points and there was never a CD for re-installation(which above employee must have read).

I had to go out, buy a new operative system. Delete my entire C:drive. Spend this entire day on making it all work again(and tomorrow to finalize and install lost software). All in all i have had to spend USD300 on software, i have lost at least 2-3 days of work in files that had no backup(luckily i do regular backups) and another 2-3 working days restoring my computer.

You probably understand that i got a lot of other things to do than spend another 2 hours just writing about this. The reason is simple:

This is an absolutely unacceptable mistake and i will make absolutely sure that you do not get away with it.

I Pay you a lot of money to protect my computer, what i have received is a slow computer, network configuration issues, a number of false positives(living in china almost all local software is false positive and even stuff with Chinese characters in freaks bitdefender out at times) and now finally this...

Now let me take a moment to explain just exactly what this is to you who seem to think its kinda okay what has happened to you(no matter if your computer is beyond rescue or if you only got a real bad scare).

Your anti-virus software provider, who you pay money to protect your computer from Virus, just sent your computer one of the most aggressive and potent false-positive viruses that i have ever seen. Apparently they(who are experts in computer safety) have sent out a patch before even trying to run it on a 64bit system. They kept this patch online for a good 3 hours before even realizing something was wrong(rendering any sort of excuse by it being a simple mistake of an unfinished patch sound extremely fishy, and that excuse is still absolutely unforgivable).

When - after more than 12hours after infecting your computer - they finally send out a patch to fix it, it does not work for a lot of users. Again a premature patch, with more than 12 hours to work on and call in all the companies expertise worldwide they still cant figure out how to send along a patch to undo one of their software most basic functions - quarantine.

They still have not released patches that work for 2009 and 2008 users nor given them information that the patch would not work for them. Almost as if none of them even thought about the different versions of their own software.

Their customer support team and their responses in the forum is incoherent, random and often wrong. Its apparent that the company was absolutely dumbstruck without routines to handle this sort of crisis. Their support team gives out information that does not work for most users or in case(like mine) makes the situation 10 times worse.

It takes the CEO over 1,5 Days to give an official statement.

In short: the routines for patch releasing have unacceptable problems, the crisis handling is appalling, customer support lacks direction and knowledge, and the company in general comes off as not knowing its own product.

This is beyond fail... and worst is i know exactly how frustrating and hopeless it is to try to make everyone happy and get so much shiet and not being able to sleep for a couple of days... But this one is really too big to pass by.

bump

• Hey sub when you're done doing all of this for yourself why don't you volunteer to do it for the folks that are not as PC savvy as you...people who respond like this are as clueless as I dunno...let's say the 80% population of PC users that just want to point and click. I can't imagine all the end users that never go to a forum or know what one is are going through now that own this software. They are probably screaming and yelling at the manufacture of the PC like they always do when they have a problem. Hey could be a money making opportunity dude!

Well i for one likes messing around with pc's, but the fix i did was something i never did before. I mean i even copied files from system32 over to my damaged OS. Not something that i would think to do off the batt. So i think alot of people will just pay to have a clean windows install.

It was a troublesome weekend.

I'm using Bitdefender 2010 again. I hope it will run okay again as it always did.

I'm curious for the compensation we are going to get.. i know it is a different topic.. srry :P

Bitdefender could you kindly send us a mail when you know what the compensation will be?

Next time could you kindly sent us a mail also if something is going wrong in your headquarters.

Like someone stated before if you would send a high priority mail warning not to reboot, and disable

the AV. I'm sure 35% of us would be fine. I lost alot of hours to fix this and im sure that you can sent a mail

to everyone via your database with a click.

It would be nice also to receive a official mail with an apology. Im registered for 4 months i think and i never got a mail about this.

Please make a new costumer approach plan. I would like to keep using ur AV, but you guys could be more customer friendly just like you

showed in the forums these days.

I read somewhere that the bad update was around for 3 hours before it was removed. How come?

Anyways hope everyone manages to fix there pc.

• just little feedback:

rescue disc works fine, windows is back alive

i had to reactivate my windows copy - but was no problem, so dont care...

another thing is that bitdefender is not running anymore (missing file "WSPack.dll")

tried to copy this from another system, but can't move it to the Bitdefender 2010-directory... is there any possibility to bypass the denied access to the bd-directory?

or do i have to reinstall?

• @noisymonk You have below the links for the BitDefender Antivirus 2008:

32 bit version

64 bit version

Download kits for older version of the BitDefender products are not kept on the main website, only the latest product is.

@quangdang Indeed, for a computer novice this issue can seem to much to handle and we are doing all we can in order to help everybody affected by this issue, regardless of their computer skill. As far as I can see, there is a link on all our websites in the Press Center that refers to this issue and that points to the Knowledge Base article.

At this moment just googling words about this issue would take a user to the Knowledge Base article and I do hope that the steps there are comprehensive enough for anyone to follow.

Ok Carmen, the worst is now done and the BD team is doing the best and I know that your teamate feels concerned by this matter. I just point out the lack of communication : the problem is too high to just post it as a remark in a small square.......sorry but I don't follow you in your googling stuff, type it in french and you will see. Even the french team is saying please go to the KB it's in english but you can googletranslate it! No, a french rookie won't do that he can't understand it, he won't dare to try. Anyway I am actually trolling in this forum and I will leave only comment which can be helpful for others. Sorry for my bad moods

• @BitDee The update that caused the issue remained on the BitDefender update servers for only 75 minutes and then it was removed. I takes some time for all the servers to synchronize which means that on some servers the update was available later and on others sooner. This is also the case for the removal of the update which was faster on some and slower on other.

At this moment our main concern is to have every customer's computer up and running as that is the important thing.

• @felix120286 we are glad to hear that the Rescue CD woks properly and that is doing its job properly. You can not copy a file to the BitDefender folder as the folder is protected. But you can repair the BitDefender installation and that should solve the issue. If you prefer, we can send you an email for this issue and further investigate it in order to see what is causing it.

@quangdang We could not modify the entire BitDefender website in order to provide information regarding this issue as it would have taken some time, time which we did not have. Instead we chose to add a Press Center article regarding the issue, which was faster. The BitDefender website is not overwhelmed with links and not full of words and I do believe that the article is visible at a first glance. As for the French articles, I do not know exactly when they where translated, but as this moment I can see that all the Knowledge Base articles are in French, like this one.

• @BitDee The update that caused the issue remained on the BitDefender update servers for only 75 minutes and then it was removed. I takes some time for all the servers to synchronize which means that on some servers the update was available later and on others sooner. This is also the case for the removal of the update which was faster on some and slower on other.

At this moment our main concern is to have every customer's computer up and running as that is the important thing.

Allright so the information spreaded online is inaccurate :s .. I read it from The Register:

The ropey update was available for around three and half hours before it was pulled. BitDefender has apologised for the snafu and issued advice on restoring borked systems

Good luck and thanks for the support.

• @BitDefender team: Thanks for the bootable rescue CD, I hope you'll be able to issue such resource kits faster next time, learning from that experience. Actually, let's hope there won't be any next time...

It was clear from the beginning that a bootable solution was the only solution for many customers who couldn't even restart/repair their computer. You might want to consider USB images too (like "Linux on a stick"), no CD burning required.

Next time, the patches should also be without dependencies on unzipping software or MSI installer, which made them useless (and frustrating) for many customers. It takes just a small executable to read from the XML quarantine log and copy files, no need for a MSI installer or zip compression.

@subexpression, your advice goes against everything said in this thread by users and BD tech support; repairing the system and restoring the quarantined files is the only viable solution, nobody can identify which part of the OS or which applications are broken when you have thousands of files quarantined. You were lucky to have only a few files quarantined, but reinstalling these applications instead of restoring their files is bad advice, if you'd only read the previous posts.

• @Chimel Thank you for your feedback on this issue and it is good to know that the Rescue CD works properly. This is the second positive feedback on the forum. Indeed, the bootable cd option is the easiest one for the customer but, as you could see, it was not the fastest one to be released and some customers just could not afford to wait this much time for a fix.

We are learning from this issue as it develops and it will help us handle this kind of issue faster, smoother and more efficient. But I do hope that this type of issue does not happen again.

• English, if I'm understanding your question correctly.

Well, this was kinda fun hanging around this forum all night. I guess I'm on my own with this. Should I send the bill from Dell fee based support to you(cc) or your supervisor?

• Well, this was kinda fun hanging around this forum all night. I guess I'm on my own with this. Should I send the bill from Dell fee based support to you(cc) or your supervisor?

Have you tried the rescue cd?

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#638

• @totallyblank Please try to use the Rescue CD following the steps from this article. It will guide you how to boot from the Rescue CD and then repair the Windows installation in order to be able to login to Windows.

• The Bitdefender is still Grey.

During previous scans (sunday) i never got a message that i have the trojan problem.

On Monday, about noon, the vvserv.exe (bitdefender service stopped). I can't update or get into Bitdefender (also not with right click on the icon).

Also i have no possibility to choose "Repair".

Choosing "Bitdefender Manual Scan" is no problem. That works.

Now i tried Bitdefender "Quickscan" ONLINE.

That gave me this report. Can someone tell me if i have the trojan problem. (because of the topic Missing Files)

Because i'm worried to restart the computer and not getting into Vista 64.

This is the report.

BitDefender QuickScan Beta 32-bit v0.9.9.10

-------------------------------------------

Scan date: Tue Mar 23 03:53:11 2010

Machine ID: 6CF40DCB

No infection found.

---------------------

Processes

---------

<unsigned> Bluetooth Stack for Windows by TOSHIBA 2556 C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosA2dp.exe

<unsigned> Bluetooth Stack for Windows by TOSHIBA 3300 C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosAVRC.exe

<unsigned> Bluetooth Stack for Windows by TOSHIBA 3512 C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtHid.exe

<unsigned> Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba 3560 C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtHsp.exe

<unsigned> Bluetooth Stack for Windows by TOSHIBA 2484 C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtMng.exe

<unsigned> CloneCD 2012 C:\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\CloneCD\CloneCDTray.exe

<unsigned> LightScribe 3000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe

<unsigned> Logitech Desktop Messenger 1912 C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe

<unsigned> Razer OFA 2424 C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Copperhead\razerofa.exe

<unsigned> razerhid Application 1720 C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Copperhead\razerhid.exe

<unsigned> razertra Application 2808 C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Copperhead\razertra.exe

<verified> EEventManager Application 2304 C:\Program Files (x86)\Epson Software\Event Manager\EEventManager.exe

<verified> Firefox 3376 C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

<verified> Java Platform SE Auto Updater 2 0 1840 C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe

<verified> PowerDVD 2820 C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\PDVD8Serv.exe

<verified> Windows® Internet Explorer 2060 C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IELowutil.exe

Network activity

----------------

Process firefox.exe (3376) connected on port 80 (HTTP) - hb-in-f138.1e100.net

Process firefox.exe (3376) connected on port 80 (HTTP) - a88-221-113-115.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com

Process firefox.exe (3376) connected on port 80 (HTTP) - CRL.VERISIGN.NET

Autoruns and critical files

---------------------------

<unsigned> CloneCD C:\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\CloneCD\CloneCDTray.exe

<unsigned> LightScribe C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe

<unsigned> QuickTime C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe

<unsigned> razerhid Application C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Copperhead\razerhid.exe

<unsigned> Trayserver C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Film_op_DVD_7\TrayServer.exe

<unsigned> Ulead DVD MovieFactory C:\Program Files (x86)\Ulead Systems\Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5\Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5\Quick-Drop.exe

<unsigned> xInsIDE.exe C:\Windows\RaidTool\xInsIDE.exe

<verified> Language Application C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\Language\Language.exe

<verified> Adobe Acrobat C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe

<verified> Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe

<verified> Besturingssysteem Microsoft® Windows® C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe

<verified> Besturingssysteem Microsoft® Windows® c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll

<verified> Besturingssysteem Microsoft® Windows® oobefldr.dll

<verified> Besturingssysteem Microsoft® Windows® userinit.exe

<verified> EEventManager Application C:\Program Files (x86)\Epson Software\Event Manager\EEventManager.exe

<verified> EPSON Status Monitor 3 C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\E_IATIENE.EXE

<verified> Flash Player Helper C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe

<verified> Java Platform SE Auto Updater 2 0 C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe

<verified> Microsoft® Windows® Operating System C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe

<verified> PowerDVD C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\PDVD8Serv.exe

<verified> Windows® Internet Explorer C:\Windows\system32\msfeedssync.exe

<verified> Windows® Internet Explorer c:\windows\syswow64\webcheck.dll

Browser plugins

---------------

<unsigned> IE Tab Plug-in C:\Users\Vico\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles/6kho98b8.default\extensions\{77b819fa-95ad-4f2c-ac7c-486b356188a9}\plugins\npietab.dll

<unsigned> InstallShield Update Service C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\dwusplay.dll

<unsigned> InstallShield Update Service C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\dwusplay.exe

<unsigned> InstallShield Update Service C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\isusweb.dll

<unsigned> QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\plugins\npqtplugin.dll

<unsigned> QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\plugins\npqtplugin2.dll

<unsigned> QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\plugins\npqtplugin3.dll

<unsigned> QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\plugins\npqtplugin4.dll

<unsigned> QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\plugins\npqtplugin5.dll

<unsigned> QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\plugins\npqtplugin6.dll

<unsigned> QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\plugins\npqtplugin7.dll

<unsigned> QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npqtplugin.dll

<unsigned> QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npqtplugin2.dll

<unsigned> QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npqtplugin3.dll

<unsigned> QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npqtplugin4.dll

<unsigned> QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npqtplugin5.dll

<unsigned> QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npqtplugin6.dll

<unsigned> QuickTime Plug-in 7.4.5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npqtplugin7.dll

<verified> 2007 Microsoft Office system C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\NPOFF12.DLL

<verified> AcroIEHelperShim Library c:\program files (x86)\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\acroiehelpershim.dll

<verified> Adobe Acrobat C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\plugins\nppdf32.dll

<verified> Adobe Acrobat C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\nppdf32.dll

<verified> Besturingssysteem Microsoft® Windows® C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll

<verified> Besturingssysteem Microsoft® Windows® C:\Windows\system32\napinsp.dll

<verified> Besturingssysteem Microsoft® Windows® C:\Windows\system32\pnrpnsp.dll

<verified> BitDefender QuickScan C:\Users\Vico\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles/6kho98b8.default\extensions\{e001c731-5e37-4538-a5cb-8168736a2360}\components\qscanff.dll

<verified> BitDefender QuickScan C:\Users\Vico\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles/6kho98b8.default\extensions\{e001c731-5e37-4538-a5cb-8168736a2360}\plugins\npqscan.dll

<verified> Java Deployment Toolkit 6.0.180.7 C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npdeploytk.dll

<verified> Java Platform SE 6 U18 c:\program files (x86)\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll

<verified> Microsoft® Windows Media Player Firefox C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\np-mswmp.dll

<verified> Microsoft® Windows® Operating System C:\Windows\system32\NLAapi.dll

<verified> Microsoft® Windows® Operating System C:\Windows\System32\winrnr.dll

<verified> Microsoft® Windows® Operating System C:\Windows\system32\wshbth.dll

<verified> Mozilla Default Plug-in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npnul32.dll

<verified> NPSWF32.dll C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll

<verified> Windows Presentation Foundation C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Windows Presentation Foundation\NPWPF.dll

<verified> Windows® Internet Explorer c:\windows\syswow64\ieframe.dll

Missing files

-------------

File not found: "c:\program files\bitdefender\bitdefender 2010\antispam32\ietoolbar.dll"

referenced in: HKCR\CLSID\{381FFDE8-2394-4f90-B10D-FC6124A40F8C}\InprocServer32\(default)

File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe

referenced in: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"WMPNSCFG"

File not found: C:\Windows\System32\Audiosrv.dll

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\AudioSrv\Parameters\"ServiceDll"

File not found: C:\Windows\System32\aelupsvc.dll

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\AeLookupSvc\Parameters\"ServiceDll"

File not found: C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\ALG\Parameters\"ImagePath"

File not found: C:\Windows\System32\appinfo.dll

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\Appinfo\Parameters\"ServiceDll"

File not found: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\adp94xx.sys

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\adp94xx\Parameters\"ImagePath"

File not found: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\adpahci.sys

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\adpahci\Parameters\"ImagePath"

File not found: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\adpu160m.sys

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\adpu160m\Parameters\"ImagePath"

File not found: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\adpu320.sys

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\adpu320\Parameters\"ImagePath"

File not found: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\afd.sys

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\AFD\Parameters\"ImagePath"

File not found: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\agp440.sys

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\agp440\Parameters\"ImagePath"

File not found: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\aliide.sys

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\aliide\Parameters\"ImagePath"

File not found: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\amdide.sys

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\amdide\Parameters\"ImagePath"

File not found: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\amdk8.sys

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\AmdK8\Parameters\"ImagePath"

File not found: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\arc.sys

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\arc\Parameters\"ImagePath"

File not found: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\arcsas.sys

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\arcsas\Parameters\"ImagePath"

File not found: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\djsvs.sys

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\aic78xx\Parameters\"ImagePath"

File not found: system32\DRIVERS\asyncmac.sys

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\AsyncMac\Parameters\"ImagePath"

File not found: system32\DRIVERS\atl01v64.sys

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\AtcL001\Parameters\"ImagePath"

File not found: system32\drivers\acpi.sys

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\ACPI\Parameters\"ImagePath"

File not found: system32\drivers\atapi.sys

referenced in: HKLM\System\ControlSet001\services\atapi\Parameters\"ImagePath"

Scan

----

<unsigned> MD5: 1cf03c69b49acb70c722df92755c0c8c C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

<unsigned> MD5: bdf37b36ac60a7d97161a103b14cee65 C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe

<unsigned> MD5: 3503f257b3203f824b1567238ebe17e2 C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe

<unsigned> MD5: d02f845ef350910b3424ad15bbb68e83 C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\plugins\imageformats\qjpeg4.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 9ab3620c0a97366e1565967bd78bf64c C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\QtCore4.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 7da4f72284d2c927927dfc0e12afab85 C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\LightScribe\QtGui4.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 332d341d92b933600d41953b08360dfb C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe

<unsigned> MD5: 7802949befed6996f6ae3b1c00fce364 C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\plugins\npqtplugin.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 7802949befed6996f6ae3b1c00fce364 C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\plugins\npqtplugin2.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 7802949befed6996f6ae3b1c00fce364 C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\plugins\npqtplugin3.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 7802949befed6996f6ae3b1c00fce364 C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\plugins\npqtplugin4.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 7802949befed6996f6ae3b1c00fce364 C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\plugins\npqtplugin5.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 7802949befed6996f6ae3b1c00fce364 C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\plugins\npqtplugin6.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 7802949befed6996f6ae3b1c00fce364 C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\plugins\npqtplugin7.dll

<unsigned> MD5: ad91a86a3687ba22295b787ae03997c8 C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\8.1.1.87-8876480SL\Program\backweb.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 3d9d58418a5022a7951ca6cbd8f6d4ac C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\8.1.1.87-8876480SL\Program\bwfiles.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 41fb48ce3f6eb64756d6972877d9f559 C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\8.1.1.87-8876480SL\Program\bwsec.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 17d2082d3c7085b62bd769938e0ddf3e C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\8.1.1.87-8876480SL\Program\clntutil.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 033bbda5c91982a677842ed42e29cb6b C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BWfiles-8876480.dll

<unsigned> MD5: d3c6bdc44c6e30e58a14d99e1dd6412b C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe

<unsigned> MD5: 167d24a045499ebef438f231976158df C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Common\Database\bin\fbserver.exe

<unsigned> MD5: 11c51ee99f133877afdc3168587195b3 C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Film_op_DVD_7\TrayServer.exe

<unsigned> MD5: 1aab00ae4ffb5c72a0a06a254f80510e C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\freebl3.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 39dfd2c92728fca093d5bdefe5f6e801 C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\nssdbm3.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 7802949befed6996f6ae3b1c00fce364 C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npqtplugin.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 7802949befed6996f6ae3b1c00fce364 C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npqtplugin2.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 7802949befed6996f6ae3b1c00fce364 C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npqtplugin3.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 7802949befed6996f6ae3b1c00fce364 C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npqtplugin4.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 7802949befed6996f6ae3b1c00fce364 C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npqtplugin5.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 7802949befed6996f6ae3b1c00fce364 C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npqtplugin6.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 7802949befed6996f6ae3b1c00fce364 C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npqtplugin7.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 89e6d66ec90b4e8e41b55248eb7c84cb C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\softokn3.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 6df76965a0fb8237e9c3b3cab9815ec2 C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe

<unsigned> MD5: db3464780be5f7ff173696f83acfc920 C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Copperhead\download.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 5ce33f9aaa04446aba054cb5901596ba C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Copperhead\ISPdll.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 39587a991bdf42eec8baf2d7012559b7 C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Copperhead\razerhid.exe

<unsigned> MD5: 1424662fb453f8d2c480a5602f5c3488 C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Copperhead\razerlan.dll

<unsigned> MD5: bc6678431116cdde1c50a85c6ecbb9a2 C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Copperhead\razerofa.exe

<unsigned> MD5: 1bbac5365b2b68d875be8fa34654e5cc C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Copperhead\razertra.exe

<unsigned> MD5: 68b7a5320065fcc7f4df5a0dc3281ea5 C:\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\CloneCD\CloneCDTray.exe

<unsigned> MD5: 2e154ecb31864a9c221a866a545d39a5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\BtUsrMod.dll

<unsigned> MD5: d187814addd3709a1453dcc0ae72923f C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\OemBtAcpiAPI.dll

<unsigned> MD5: a7b50f4ee28d7aa1f8ac981c2f2980b1 C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosA2dp.exe

<unsigned> MD5: 2b380bc3936db6c2faabf00c7678bb12 C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosAVRC.exe

<unsigned> MD5: fd17972042a2d3a539e6ea3110e92b43 C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtAfh.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 2c92b17e820094f37037b6ce114beb69 C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtHid.exe

<unsigned> MD5: 8c35db52f07a78e8df230d76f141fd29 C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtHsp.exe

<unsigned> MD5: e4bb0288a98d2ad4afb844a3b0aa3d7c C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtLoad.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 3950cb4708b36f3259b95da72cb6b06b C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtMng.exe

<unsigned> MD5: e16a486409f6b0604c7470fb079a0298 C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtMngHelp.dll

<unsigned> MD5: fefa614b9aa8d3191b4539b2c8a8454d C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtMngLang.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 1ca76f8d8f56d5b0d716717693b6e484 C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtSrv.exe

<unsigned> MD5: bc46bb6caa84ce174d5274c310442b5a C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosCpsAPI.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 5a28699dd192e857eee15e32c257d7c0 C:\Program Files (x86)\Ulead Systems\Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5\Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5\Quick-Drop.exe

<unsigned> MD5: b67300d6bfb08eb049eaf80230394f0f C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Active Virus Control\midas64-v2_46\midas32.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 669f8ecfcdd0693b53166fb1c6dbfcc9 C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Active Virus Control\midas64-v2_46\plugin_base.m32

<unsigned> MD5: 471b6d8590e6d1df9829fe846cffe741 C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Active Virus Control\midas64-v2_46\plugin_extra.m32

<unsigned> MD5: 373b2e31b25092ad1d381b57823e0749 C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Active Virus Control\midas64-v2_46\plugin_fragments.m32

<unsigned> MD5: eee0b8f0df407d43164c3279bedb6b9a C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Active Virus Control\midas64-v2_46\plugin_net.m32

<unsigned> MD5: 5c881daf0ac2b5241456c580480fe05c C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Active Virus Control\midas64-v2_46\plugin_nt.m32

<unsigned> MD5: 35eec76340ed22679eb3337df6251108 C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Active Virus Control\midas64-v2_46\plugin_registry.m32

<unsigned> MD5: c23cd74a7bbd0708955207c8fde39867 C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Antispam32\bdaphcl.dll

<unsigned> MD5: d80f660c30c18c6fb044129e54a237ee C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Antispam32\bdguictl.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 61d3f01351ebce4dc2434f868f330b1c C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Antispam32\bdutils.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 097b35761cf861edc6bb6750b98977b3 C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Antispam32\ENU\bdaphcl.ui

<unsigned> MD5: 04567f20e5828bcf951bcae4644047a4 C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Antispam32\ENU\bdguictl.ui

<unsigned> MD5: 120e2bf8e97ed54d17d336cf80bc183d C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Antispam32\npcomm.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 2bedc7508518f1cc5bb6aa2dbdb77a59 C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Antispam32\productinfo.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 16f9a2dfbe5c1185d7e5280e3d9682ed C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Antispam32\txmlutil.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 8dd193953b7924df74ca3df585a05267 C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Antispam32\txmlx.dll

<unsigned> MD5: b5e61a4879f5f566fe85974d86b79f16 C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\bdaphffext\components\bdaphff2.dll

<unsigned> MD5: a5ba2ae965e813f4b1e3f3d115dd6b76 C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\bdaphffext\components\bdaphff3.6.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 94440911963911f7edbf0c8246c62263 C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\bdaphffext\components\bdaphff3.dll

<unsigned> MD5: d601b11b6e173f686b1737f0e3439324 C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner\scan.dll

<unsigned> MD5: f8075cbd1a767566b79855b692474092 C:\PROGRA~2\Logitech\DESKTO~1\8876480\811~1.87-\Program\EN\ClientRc.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 263a8a44418c7de3d13f74c19a7c4c9c C:\Users\Vico\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles/6kho98b8.default\extensions\{77b819fa-95ad-4f2c-ac7c-486b356188a9}\plugins\npietab.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 3fea9d2edf23b0283c7a66c8dea380bd C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\dwusplay.dll

<unsigned> MD5: cdbe35ea59bc9223e4f800bd1db82d27 C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\dwusplay.exe

<unsigned> MD5: 0c78701c6f42345dff2b2b6c3c3d01ef C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\isusweb.dll

<unsigned> MD5: db4e2d9c09a5762cb2551222b5e443b2 C:\Windows\RaidTool\xInsIDE.exe

<unsigned> MD5: 5b01af89d16d562825c4db4530f20cbb C:\Windows\System32\drivers\aspi32.sys

<unsigned> MD5: 9e7cb0432597e638b012c882648019c5 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\LCWizard.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 6a8a953f7eab8a2d0603b029190c3609 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\TosAvAPI.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 1157c82f041243bc0c3639d515caebe0 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\TosAvctAPI.dll

<unsigned> MD5: b2182e0401542b486fc1117204345a63 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\TosAvdtAPI.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 085f180f10bad13396cffadac5afb5d9 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\TosBdAPI.dll

<unsigned> MD5: e6e67f4b840fcd0bca5e1dadb5b575be C:\Windows\SysWOW64\TosBtAPI.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 558c7fe3994fd6269a9170b51d9ab985 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\TosBtECCAPI.dll

<unsigned> MD5: aa6677900a55bd6a72abb0b30912a55b C:\Windows\SysWOW64\TosBtSDDB.dll

<unsigned> MD5: c427d04a9741b9e479e084aa1855f9f6 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\TosCommAPI.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 865292ee1bca080d86ed973a52c0d04f C:\Windows\SysWOW64\TosGnsAPI.dll

<unsigned> MD5: a31d75246ba79a89141316f31eb17b23 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\TosHidAPI.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 9e165d07bf6c08cceee41cbc2d22427d C:\Windows\SysWOW64\TosLaneAPI.dll

<unsigned> MD5: e910ebbb4cc16e950e7f99a075663ee7 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\TosSndAPI.dll

<unsigned> MD5: 1d93fa179dd16c497682e1499af7b8e1 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\TosSndPlug.dll

The following file(s) must be uploaded for server-side scanning:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ulead Systems\Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5\Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5\Quick-Drop.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BWfiles-8876480.dll

Upload started - 2 file(s)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ulead Systems\Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5\Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5\Quick-Drop.exe (159744)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BWfiles-8876480.dll (35976)

Upload speed - 15 KB/s

Upload finished - 2 uploaded, 0 failed

The uploaded file(s) were found clean.

Scan finished - communication took 15 sec

Total traffic - 0.22 MB sent, 1.13 KB recvd

Scanned 493 files and modules - 67 seconds

• @Chimel Thank you for your feedback on this issue and it is good to know that the Rescue CD works properly. This is the second positive feedback on the forum. Indeed, the bootable cd option is the easiest one for the customer but, as you could see, it was not the fastest one to be released and some customers just could not afford to wait this much time for a fix.

We are learning from this issue as it develops and it will help us handle this kind of issue faster, smoother and more efficient. But I do hope that this type of issue does not happen again.

Carmen, if I may make a suggestion. (Please take this to the powers that be)

This rescue CD would have been wonderful on Saturday but as it was unavailable obviously, I like many other users had to resort to reinstalling the OS.

No biggie there, however, as I discovered afterwards.... the CD which I bought in 2008 (BDTS2009) was essentially the same thing...sort of.

You guys have the latest full working product available online for download & install, and I'm assuming here, if I went out & bought the 2010 version off the shelf @ futureshop or wherever, it would also be a "recovery CD".

What are the chances your company might consider the idea of posting a new recovery CD .iso on the website for every new release?

I like a few others here feel considering the gravity of the crisis that was caused, although could have been communicated better, was handled quite well considering the...(please excuse the term) unpreparedness of the BD team as something like this is never expected to happen, and until it does.... not many people even think of the possibility.

Long storey short... Please suggest to whoever you need to, to have an .iso recovery disk available on the website for every new release.

Thanks for the support you give & hopefully the continued high level you will provide in the future.

• does anyone know how long it takes for the rescue cd to work its magic? i come up to the blue screen which alerts me that files will be restored. after this, the screen goes black and nothing seems to happen. can anyone relate their experience with this? thanks

• Okay, Im running XP 64 bit, and BD2010 home version. After i ran my XP disc again to get back into Windows, i tried to run the Repair/Uninstall option in BD, but the repair option was greyed. I assumed reinstalling BD would at least allow me to open and update the program (as i was getting DButils.dll errors when i trying to run BD). No luck. Still getting multiple dll errors after an extra slow Windows startup. Today i see the Recovery disc is available. Burnt it, booted it, but when it gets to the red text about restoring the quarantined files it states that there aren't any to be restored. ugh..

Did my BD reinstall erase all of those falsely quarantined files? Am i going to have to reformat and reinstall XP?

F-ing A!! so frustrating.

• Okay, Im running XP 64 bit, and BD2010 home version. After i ran my XP disc again to get back into Windows, i tried to run the Repair/Uninstall option in BD, but the repair option was greyed. I assumed reinstalling BD would at least allow me to open and update the program (as i was getting DButils.dll errors when i trying to run BD). No luck. Still getting multiple dll errors after an extra slow Windows startup. Today i see the Recovery disc is available. Burnt it, booted it, but when it gets to the red text about restoring the quarantined files it states that there aren't any to be restored. ugh..

Did my BD reinstall erase all of those falsely quarantined files? Am i going to have to reformat and reinstall XP?

F-ing A!! so frustrating.

I'll keep it brief & concise.

Yes. Reinstalling BD DID wipe out your quarantined files.

No. I do not believe you need to re-format your machine & re-install XP. Can you not just install XP over top of what's existing there? (Forgive me. Been a while since I was in XP. I don't remember)

• I knew that was a stupid move. Im not sure reinstalling XP would work. Im getting .exe errors when i try and run certain programs and im not certain ill get those running again without reinstalling all of them as well.

• @stuGrimson You should try to repair your system before considering reinstalling.

Have you checked the F8 menu at boot time, to run XP in safe mode and see if System Restore can find a recent restore point?

You'll still need to repair or reinstall your apps, since the quarantined files do not exist anymore.

XP repair options: http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-...11-6031733.html

• Nice to see a rescue cd,

BUT it only supports a few languages, so it's not for Dutch win7 (ult) systems, what to do now and also solve the files in quarantaine?

• hi, i've had the problem of fakealert5 ... and i tried the patch, after applying it, i restarted my computer... and after it restarts, everything seems ok, bitdefender internet security 2010 doesn't seem to detect any more fake positives... but after the update, the problem comes back once again... how do you solve it? i can't update the program after applying the patch, if not the problem will arise again.. i've tried for a few times, it's the same, someone please help me...

• @felix120286 we are glad to hear that the Rescue CD woks properly and that is doing its job properly. You can not copy a file to the BitDefender folder as the folder is protected. But you can repair the BitDefender installation and that should solve the issue. If you prefer, we can send you an email for this issue and further investigate it in order to see what is causing it.

@quangdang We could not modify the entire BitDefender website in order to provide information regarding this issue as it would have taken some time, time which we did not have. Instead we chose to add a Press Center article regarding the issue, which was faster. The BitDefender website is not overwhelmed with links and not full of words and I do believe that the article is visible at a first glance. As for the French articles, I do not know exactly when they where translated, but as this moment I can see that all the Knowledge Base articles are in French, like this one.

Ok Carmen, what about the KB 650 about the rescue CD ???? no french translation but we all can googlize, google translate everything !

• everthing was working fine but my destop items gone today some how, and i cannot use system restore .. i already deleted my quarantina files because of everthing seemed fine to me... i cannot work again. i was about to thinking continue bit defender but again and again im facing this things

• Bonjour,

La kb 60 existe en français :

http://www.bitdefender.fr/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#650

Le site suivant a été également créé à l'occasion :

http://alerte.supportbd.com/

Cordialement,

Yann

Ok Carmen, what about the KB 650 about the rescue CD ???? no french translation but we all can googlize, google translate everything !
  • Bonjour,

La kb 60 existe en français :

http://www.bitdefender.fr/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#650

Le site suivant a été également créé à l'occasion :

http://alerte.supportbd.com/

Cordialement,

Yann

Merci Yann maintenant les procédures sont complète depuis le site bitdefender.fr, c'est juste que je suis super énervé du décalage entre les solutions en anglais et en français : 12h voire beaucoup plus pour les précédents kb update.

Sinon, J'ai fait une demande de remboursement pour votre programme mais je crains qu'elle n'aboutira jamais. En tous cas l'erreur était grave et la communication faible. Bitdefender ne sera pas renouvelé c'est certain, amusez-vous bien avec l'argent que j'ai déjà perdu chez vous!

• _chris_
    edited March 2010

Hi,

I posted in this forums 2 days ago that my pc completely crashed and would do nothing more than give a BSOD at startup after being struck by the faulty update. Only today I had the time to look at it again, planning to do a complete reinstall off windows vista x64 (all documents are safely backed up). Before I started I noticed the message about the bitdefender rescue cd that was available and thought to give that a try. So I ran the cd but got a lot of "No such file or directory" errors. And at the end it told me that it couldn't find the quarantine folder. See this photo.

I then restarted the pc and it came to life, and booted into windows but then got some errors about missing dll's. I then applied the patch for the 2009 version of bitdefender (which was running on that pc) and rebooted again with the same result. Also a lot of programs won't start due to missing dll's. Furthermore bitdefender's quarantine folder (accessed from within bitdefender) is empty.

So am I better of reinstalling windows or is there some magic way of getting this thing to work properly again and saving a lot of time reinstalling apps.

I really hope the latter because there is another pc with the same problem waiting for me when I'm done with this one...

Chris

• Can't hurt to checl, put look here to see if the folder is actually empty.

x:\ProgramData\BitDefender\Desktop\Quarantine

How many apps have the missing file error?