Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved] Antiphishing Toolbar 2.0 Not Compatible With Firefox 3.6.2

Options
soopytwist
soopytwist ✭✭
edited March 2010 in Bitdefender 2010 products

As some of you are probably aware Mozilla's Firefox 3.6 was recently found to have a security loop hole. The flaw has been fixed with the recently released update 3.6.2. However Bit Defender Internet Security 2010 Antiphishing Toolbar 2.0 is not compatible with Firefox 3.6.2 and has now been disabled. So I how do I get the antiphishing bar to work again?

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello D May,

Thank you for your report. The issue is currently known and it's being worked on a fix. I will post back further details when they will be available.

Cris.

• L.o.D.
    Options

Thanks for posting that FF had been updated. Mine did not do it automatically like it should.

• alexcrist
    Options

A product update was released to address this issue. The update should be downloaded and applied automatically, through BitDefender Live Update. After the update is applied, you should restart Firefox (you won't be automatically notified about this, but at the next browser restart, the BitDefender Antiphishing toolbar should load correctly).

Please post if you encounter problems with this update.

Cris.

• L.o.D.
    Options

The BD antiphishing toolbar isn't even being listed under FF 3.6.2's view>toolbars.

post-25035-1269459143_thumb.jpg

• L.o.D.
    Options

Nevermind. Scratch that. I had it disabled under tools>addons.

It's working again.

• L.o.D.
    Options

Sorry for the triple post but with the BD antiphishing toolbar enabled, it causes FF 3.6.2 to slow to a crawl when trying to load any webpages.

I tried it a few times on various sites with it on & with it off.

Works fine when off, crawls when on.

• L.o.D.
    Options

Tried it on 2 separate computers, both with firefox. Cannot have the antiphishing toolbar enabled on the latest version of firefox.

• L.o.D.
    Options

No ideas on this issue?

• alexcrist
    Options

This issue is currently known and it's being worked on a fix. As far as I know, the fix should be included in the next product update. I will post more details when I have them.

Cris.

• alexcrist
    Options

Fixed.

== CLOSED ==

== Issue solved ==

This discussion has been closed.