Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

2010 Problem With Gui And Questions

Options

Windows 7 64-bit.

Privacy Control - Aggressive (All default settings)

Antivirus - Aggressive (All default settings)

Id happily supply any further details.

0ae0f27c94.gif

When something tries to add something to the registry it comes up with the above image.

No buttons come up that say: Allow or Deny. (Id hope when the buttons show up there are a make a rule option also.)

2nd Question: Does the anti-virus block malware? Or just viruses and spyware?

None of your packages I can see block malware but I dont know if its inclusive in a package somewhere.

(And please - test this before you release it. This error would have shown up on a test, and following the recent Trojan Update blunder I would really like an admin to tell me they personally tested this new patch before I press 'Update Now'.). After getting my pcs fixed my IT guy has talked me through all the things and advised me to only run manual updates Monday-Thursday. Could be this an option in the Update screen? A more comprehensive screen of options? Or is there a 'command line thing' I could run that could be added to my task scheduler on windows. (Im not sure where or what these things are - my 'IT guy' said to ask about this - and if there was he would set this up for me).

Thanks.

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello TheBigPJ,

Do you have any special display settings? Such as a customized DPI setting? Did this problem appear recently (after some changes to your system), or it was like this always (since you first installed BitDefender)?

As a sidenote: I also run Windows 7 Pro x64 and BitDefender Total Security and everything worked fine (and still does) with that popup.

As for your detection question, all BitDefender products are targeted at all malware categories, not just viruses and spyware. Both the Realtime protection and OnDemand scans can detect viruses, spyware, adware, trojans, worms, keyloggers, rootkits, dialers, macro and ****** worms and so on and so forth.

As for your update question: what difference would it make to have a command line for update which can be set in Windows Task Scheduler? In other words, what is the difference between using Windows' Task Scheduler and using BitDefender's internal update scheduler?

The answer to your question is no, there isn't any command line for the updater. However, you can always set BitDefender on "Prompt before downloading updates" (in the Update settings), which will make BitDefender show a popup with a list of available updates and ask you if you want to download them.

Cris.

• Do you have any special display settings? Such as a customized DPI setting? Did this problem appear recently (after some changes to your system), or it was like this always (since you first installed BitDefender)?

As a sidenote: I also run Windows 7 Pro x64 and BitDefender Total Security and everything worked fine (and still does) with that popup.

- Nothing special. Just a new install of windows 7. No settings like that changed. I have a resolution of 1920x1200, but I dont know if resolution alone will affect it. The picture has come up grainy due to it being saved as a .gif file.

I suppose the question here then - should it give you options to accept or deny? Or is it just an alert telling you something has been blocked?

I have yet to activate it - but again I dont know if that will affect this.

------

As for your detection question, all BitDefender products are targeted at all malware categories, not just viruses and spyware. Both the Realtime protection and OnDemand scans can detect viruses, spyware, adware, trojans, worms, keyloggers, rootkits, dialers, macro and ****** worms and so on and so forth.

- I see. Maybe this should be added to your product site. I was looking for an anti malware but none of the products on the site mentioned anything regarding protection from malware.

------

As for your update question: what difference would it make to have a command line for update which can be set in Windows Task Scheduler? In other words, what is the difference between using Windows' Task Scheduler and using BitDefender's internal update scheduler?

The answer to your question is no, there isn't any command line for the updater. However, you can always set BitDefender on "Prompt before downloading updates" (in the Update settings), which will make BitDefender show a popup with a list of available updates and ask you if you want to download them.

- I cant see how you can set it to update only Monday to Thursday. Using task scheduler this could be achieved by running a command line ****** Mon-Fri. It would just be so it could be set up once and then left alone.

- I and the people who use the other pcs here are not that 'tech savvy' and would like it so once its set up thats it. Id like it so all prompt's are removed. Apart from when you are installing something - so it can actually add something to registry.

------

Thank you for your response in this so far.

• If this helps - It asks with Cookie's and Scripts.

You get to click accept or deny then. It just doesnt work that way with registry stuff.

-----

After two days of internet use my stats are as follows:

Cookies Blocked: 2844

Scripts Blocked: 546

This is before I installed this java thing.