Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Use A Live Linux Cd To Save Your Photo, Music And Other Data.

Options

What ever you think of Linux, It can save what is irreplaceable on your Windows PC. Before you wipe Windows off your Hard Drive in frustration, please consider booting up a Live Linux CD and then transferring all that is important to an external Hard Drive. Once you've done that Burn the Evil Linux CD that you've hated for so long and return to your Windows only World.

So your willing to go over to the dark side only to save you data, how do you do it.

Download a Copy of Puppy Linux for www.distrowatch.com as for a Non Linux User it's not going to ask you for Passwords and all that crap like say Ubuntu will.

All you need to do is burn the iso of Puppy Linux you just downloaded with a friends PC burn it as an iso or it won't work and place it in the infected PC DVD Drive. Restart your PC and follow the instructions and all going well the Puppy Linux Desktop will Open with Drive icons along the boot of the screen. Just click on the each one until your find the Partition containing your important data, plug in the external Hard drive and an icon will appear for that allowing you to transfer you data by Dragging and Dropping. easy!!

Lastly anyone can steal data from a Windows PC with a Live Linux CD. Your Windows Password and User name mean nothing and won't protect you. Encrypt important data to be really safe.

Finally still having problems relating to needing help using Puppy Linux go to the forum and you'll find How To's and friendly help all for free. http://murga-linux.com/puppy/

Comments

• Kieran
    Options
    Download a Copy of Puppy Linux for www.distrowatch.com as for a Non Linux User it's not going to ask you for Passwords and all that crap like say Ubuntu will.

All you need to do is burn the iso of Puppy Linux you just downloaded with a friends PC burn it as an iso or it won't work and place it in the infected PC DVD Drive. Restart your PC and follow the instructions and all going well the Puppy Linux Desktop will Open with Drive icons along the boot of the screen. Just click on the each one until your find the Partition containing your important data, plug in the external Hard drive and an icon will appear for that allowing you to transfer you data by Dragging and Dropping. easy!!

Out of curiosity, booted my laptop up off it. Very nice, and, obviously, quick. Liked the way it allowed me to copy files from NTFS to a plugged in USB flash drive (as you said it would!). Oh, and the way it worked with the laptop touchpad OK, and how it allowed me to get online and browse via my wireless router with no problems.

So, a thank you for a very sensible suggestion :D

Kieran