Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Slow Internet And Busy Bandwidth

Options

hey all i posted sometime ago about a problem i have with bitdefender internet security that my internet is slow and i have busy bandwidth without downloading anything. however, i found someone with the same problem and he told me that happens when you start playing flash video or because of internet download manager IDM.

until now i didn't buy bitdefender i found a promotion of another AV for 6 months and iwas lucky to subscribe in it ,it is good with blocking viruses but bad with dealing with it.

i want to buy bitdefender but ican't uninstall IDM as it is very good so please help

Comments

• abdozoon
    edited March 2010
    Options

I had the exact problem of you. I don't know why it's conflicting with Internet Download Manager, more precisely while downloading resume-supported files. I have tried reinstalling BitDefender 2009 & 2010 many times as well as reinstalling windows such as XP and 7 but the problem does PERSIST !

I had emailed the customer care services but it ended up by giving instructions kind of uninstalling and reinstalling, but as I SAID BEFORE, I TOTALLY FORMATTED MY HDD and DID A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS many times, so UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING BITDEFENDER DID, DOES, and WILL NOT HELP.

I got fed up, gave up using BitDefender anymore.

BitDefender GameSafe is awesome and did not conflict with IDM, but it is not compatible with windows 7.

• i tried to remove internet download manager and the problem was gone so but i still need it, i paid for it and it worth every penny.

please technical support help

• I'm waiting for a solution.

• pvp
    Options

I have the same problem with IDM and also flashget. This is a huge problem for me because I have transfer limit. I use Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit.

• jibble
    Options

Please help me if this is related. Recently when *trying* to play Desktop Defender on Facebook it slows to a crawl. I thought it was the app and internet activity, but no... seccenter.exe has 50% of my CPU and vsser.exe is using the rest of it. WTH?!? I turned off my antivirus and after a bit it finally stops. Any ideas? Not related? Different thread? Sooooo irritating. Does it on BOTH my computers, one with XP, one with Vista.

• Unknown
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hello all,

Please follow the steps bellow and let us know if the issue persists:

1. Open BitDefender -> go to Settings from the top right corner and Switch UI to Expert mode
    2. Go to the Firewall module -> Network tab - > set the

*Trust level to Trusted Local

*Stealth mode to Remote

*Generic to Yes

3. Go to the Rules tab and click on the Advanced button
    4. Search the rule for IDM application and make sure that the Action is set to Allow
    5. Select it and move it to the top of the list using the up arrow from the top right corner
    Thank you.
  • @jibble: Please open the internet browser -> click on the Antiphshing button from the top left corner and select Disable it. Please let us know if the same issue occurs when this module is disabled.

• jibble
    Options
    @jibble: Please open the internet browser -> click on the Antiphshing button from the top left corner and select Disable it. Please let us know if the same issue occurs when this module is disabled.

I have had Antiphishing off for months. Double checked again anyway. So yes it still occurs with that is disabled. Just now it is freezing my computer again: seccenter.exe 50% cpu, vsserv.exe the other 50% cpu. :(

• i tried that already and still the same problem

• sm1
    sm1
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hi, I think the web scanning is causing issues like this. Try disabling the option to scan web traffic and keep the real time protection to default settings and restart the PC. Hope this helps.

• Hello captien & jibble,

Please open BitDefender in Expert mode -> go to the Antivirus module -> click on Custom Level -> uncheck the options:

- Scan http traffic

- Scan Yahoo Messenger traffic

- Scan Windows Live Messenger traffic

and click OK.

If the issue persists after this please follow the steps bellow:

1. Open the BitDefender window in Expert Mode;

2. Go to the Update module and click on Settings;

3. Select the boxes next to Prompt before downloading updates from Automatic and Manual Update Settings, then click on Apply;

4. Restart the computer in Safe Mode;

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the 'F8' key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press 'F8' until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select 'SAFE MODE' in the text menu and press 'Enter'.

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click 'OK' to acknowledge.

5. Browse to the C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010 folder;

6. Search for httproxy.dll and rename it with httproxy.dl_;

7. Restart the computer in Normal mode;

8. Once the product will want to Update, please make sure to select only the Virus Signature option and not the Product Update one, as that will replace the file you renamed in Safemode.

9. Check if the issue still occurs.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

• captien
    edited March 2010
    Options

i tried that and still the same, anyway i found a solution and here it is:

1)restart in safe mode

2)open run and type regedit

3)go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BitDefender

4)righ click in the right window and chose new--->multi-string value

5)give it the name HttpAppSkip

6)write in it the path of your idm and all of your brosers like:

C:\Users\MohAMed\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Netscape\Navigator 9\navigator.exe

7)save it and restart computer

this method worked for me like a charm try and let me know if it works for you too

• jibble
    Options
    Hello captien & jibble,

Please open BitDefender in Expert mode -> go to the Antivirus module -> click on Custom Level -> uncheck the options:

- Scan http traffic

- Scan Yahoo Messenger traffic

- Scan Windows Live Messenger traffic

and click OK.

If the issue persists after this please follow the steps bellow:

1. Open the BitDefender window in Expert Mode;

2. Go to the Update module and click on Settings;

3. Select the boxes next to Prompt before downloading updates from Automatic and Manual Update Settings, then click on Apply;

4. Restart the computer in Safe Mode;

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the 'F8' key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press 'F8' until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select 'SAFE MODE' in the text menu and press 'Enter'.

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click 'OK' to acknowledge.

5. Browse to the C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010 folder;

6. Search for httproxy.dll and rename it with httproxy.dl_;

7. Restart the computer in Normal mode;

8. Once the product will want to Update, please make sure to select only the Virus Signature option and not the Product Update one, as that will replace the file you renamed in Safemode.

9. Check if the issue still occurs.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

I ended up doing every step above. Unfortunately, it still happens.

• jibble
    Options

And there it goes again. I've got task manager up to the side. 50% seccenter.exe, 50% vsserv.exe. However... I think it is resolving more quickly now. It used to hog the CPU for like 5 minutes or more. The last couple times have only been 15 seconds or so. Still annoying as it virtually hangs my system. But on the right track. I will report if it ends up hanging for an extended period again.