Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Thinking Of Testing Bd Is On Vista 64-bit

My current internet security program is expiring, and I am considering downloading the free 30-day trial of Bitdefender Internet Security 2010. However, from scanning the forum topics, it seems as though there has been a major problem with a recent update of the program that has wreaked havoc on 64-bit systems.

My question is, if I were to decide to still try Bitdefender -- in spite of the recent chaos -- is it safe to do so? The last thing I want to do is create a major problem with my 64-bit system when it's completely avoidable. If you could advise me on this ASAP, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Comments

• My current internet security program is expiring, and I am considering downloading the free 30-day trial of Bitdefender Internet Security 2010. However, from scanning the forum topics, it seems as though there has been a major problem with a recent update of the program that has wreaked havoc on 64-bit systems.

My question is, if I were to decide to still try Bitdefender -- in spite of the recent chaos -- is it safe to do so? The last thing I want to do is create a major problem with my 64-bit system when it's completely avoidable. If you could advise me on this ASAP, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Well, it has been nearly 24 hours, and I haven't received even one response yet. I think I'll just move on and try out something else at the moment.

• Hello mhl6493,

You can safely install BitDefender on your 64-bit machine as the false positive update was urgently removed from our servers and measures were taken so this doesn't ever happen again.

Cristi.