Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved] Why Are You Guys Surprised

Options

I am not going to say told you so. I posted on this forum saying why I had uinstalled Bitdefender 2010 and my reasons for doing so. And what did bidefender do banned me from the forum for one month.

I installed bitdefender in Jan 10 and within two days removed it and claimed my refund which Bitdefender processed as promised.

The post which they banned me for was recommending people to get rid of this software as in my opinion it was doing the same damage a virus or malware would do. I did leave 2010 running on a old XP machine and by early March I could see how substandard this Total internet security 2010 was.

I decided to purchase due to good reviews what a joke they are. Then finally the update which destroyed more machine more successfully than any virus. So I am glad to be rid of this software I have removed every trace of it on all our machines.

I can't repeat my previous post as they will likely ban me again but it surprises me how you guys hang in there. 2008 2009 might have been great software, as i said in my previous post seriously think about Total security 2010 and cut your losses, chalk it up as a learning experience.

If you are staying with this software backup everything and make sure to have your recovery discs etc you will need them. I hope this helps, its not sour grapes as Bitdefender did refund me as promised in the first 3 days which was impressive. :o

Comments

• this is a very impressive company that provides a good quality software application... if you are having issues there may be things on your pc that are already affected.... Did you format your pc then install bit defender?

p.jpg

• gavinenterprises
    edited April 2010
    Options
    this is a very impressive company that provides a good quality software application... if you are having issues there may be things on your pc that are already affected.... Did you format your pc then install bit defender?

p.jpg

I agree with you they did have very impressive software but that claim cannot be made for Total security 2010. When I first installed the software i formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows. I would also consider myself a power user. The only reason i tried 2010 was a couple of friends were running 2008 with no problems, they then upgraded to 2010 and had a considerable amount of grief.

I backup everyday have very good imagining software so it did not cause me any problems that could not be repaired quickly. After 2 days i decided to uninstall 2010 when I received a BSOD that was good enough for me to remove it

I did like the look etc and it could have been a great piece of software but in my opinion it was brought to market far to early. Just my opinion. And the bad update that was a really bad own goal.

Have a good read of the forums, I am sure they will get it right but at present i do not think they can give this software away.

• Hello gavinenterprises,

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

We hope you will reconsider our products in the future.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

• Hi someguy2009 do you format your pc before you install new software lol. Personally i see no need to format a pc to install a antivirus program.

• I am not going to say told you so. I posted on this forum saying why I had uinstalled Bitdefender 2010 and my reasons for doing so. And what did bidefender do banned me from the forum for one month.

I installed bitdefender in Jan 10 and within two days removed it and claimed my refund which Bitdefender processed as promised.

The post which they banned me for was recommending people to get rid of this software as in my opinion it was doing the same damage a virus or malware would do. I did leave 2010 running on a old XP machine and by early March I could see how substandard this Total internet security 2010 was.

I decided to purchase due to good reviews what a joke they are. Then finally the update which destroyed more machine more successfully than any virus. So I am glad to be rid of this software I have removed every trace of it on all our machines.

I can't repeat my previous post as they will likely ban me again but it surprises me how you guys hang in there. 2008 2009 might have been great software, as i said in my previous post seriously think about Total security 2010 and cut your losses, chalk it up as a learning experience.

If you are staying with this software backup everything and make sure to have your recovery discs etc you will need them. I hope this helps, its not sour grapes as Bitdefender did refund me as promised in the first 3 days which was impressive. :o

I only have one question for you.

HOW DO I CLAIM FOR A REFUND? THROUGH EMAIL? SUBMITTING A TICKET? ONLINE CHAT? OR BY PHONE?

• I only have one question for you.

HOW DO I CLAIM FOR A REFUND? THROUGH EMAIL? SUBMITTING A TICKET? ONLINE CHAT? OR BY PHONE?

I decided within two days that this software was not worth the money and far too unstable, and asked for a refund on the third day which in all fairness they processed straight away. If you are within the 30 day period just submit a email to support asking for a refund. If you are pass the 30 day money back guarantee I am not sure who you should contact.

Sorry i cannot be more help. I finished with Bitdefender long ago.

• alexcrist
    Options

Since the problem presented in the first post was solved, this topic will be closed. Have a nice day. :)

Cris.

== CLOSED ==

== Issue solved ==

This discussion has been closed.