Bitdefender Gamesafe Reinstall Error

I installed BitDefender Gamesafe last year with a license key which expired today. I purchased a new key yesterday via the BitDefender account page. Today, when I logged in, BD said my key had expired. So, I associated the new key with my BD GameSafe. However, when I logged in, it continued to say my registration had expired. After clicking the register link on the BD GameSafe window, the registration wizard popped up and step 1 of 3 window showed the new key, but indicated it had expired. My account page shows 365 days remaining.

I tried a system restore back to yesterday, hoping I could enter the license key again, but it didn't work.

I proceeded to use the online chat and talked to a BD tech called Eddie. He informed me I should uninstall my BitDefender Gamesafe and reinstall it again. He provided a link to the uninstall utility.

I utilized the uninstall utility to remove BitDefender GameSafe from my computer and then went online and downloaded it again. Upon reinstall, I received an error and the reinstallation would not complete.

The error occured at the very end of the install during the "Status: Publishing Product Information" part.

A small window popped up with the follwoing information:

An error occured during the installation of assembly component.

{63E949F6-03BC-5C40-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}

HRESULT: 0x800736FD

I took some time to look around the BD site and found an install_debug utility. So I set it up and tried the install again. The same error popped up. I have attached the debug file to this message - MSIe05e9.txt

Any help getting BitDefender GameSafe reinstalled successfully would be greatly appreciated.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=6272" data-fileid="6272" rel="">MSIe05e9.LOG

Comments

• Here is the chat I had with Eddie the second time around:

-----------------------------------------------------

Eddie: Welcome to BitDefender LiveAssistance!, John! Thank you for your interest in our security solution BitDefender.

John: Hello Eddie

Eddie: Hello!John.

Eddie: Can you please tell me what the error really is?

John: I talked to you earlier. I had bought a new License key and it wasn't working. So you told me to uninstall and reinstall. The error i'm getting on the reinstall is . .

John: An error occured during the installation of assembly component.

{63E949F6-03BC-5C40-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}

HRESULT: 0x800736FD

John: I get this at the end of the installation, when it gets to the:

John: Status: Publishing Product Information

Eddie: Can you please wait while I can see what the best I can do for you in this regard?

John: sure =)

Eddie: The issue is caused by the fact that the 'Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable', which are installed on the computer, prevent the BitDefender product from being installed. This software is part of Windows and it is needed for some important software one the computer. We will need to uninstall them first of all and then BitDefender will reinstall the correct ones during the installation.

John: ok great

Eddie: Please try this: press the windows button together with r now type this

%userprofile%Local SettingsApps

Press enter. Delete the Apps folder reboot the pc. I recommend that you first remove any traces of BitDefender by using this tool. Double click on it to run it. You will be asked to reboot please do so. After the boot run the uninstall tool 1 more time and try the installation again.

John: ok I will try that

Eddie: Is there any thing else i might be able to assist You with at the moment?

John: nope - thank you for your help - I'll try and see if this works

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, when I hit the windows icon button + r, the "%userprofile%Local SettingsApps" doen't take me anywhere.

I went back a 3rd time and Eddie said I'd get an email with instructions. I haven't received any email though.

My computer is running Vista 64.

• If you're running Windows Vista,a fix would be to upgrade to SP2.

• If you're running Windows Vista,a fix would be to upgrade to SP2.

My system page says the following:

Windows Vista Ultimate

Copyright 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Service Pack 2

My system:

Intel Core i7

12 GM Ram

64-bit Operating system.

Any other ideas?

• Ok,

I attempted to upgrade to BitDefender Internet Security 2010.

At the end of the install I received the following message:

"This BitDefender product is not compatible with your operating system. It can only be installed on Windows XP SP2 or higher, Vista, Windows 7 or Home Server 32b. The installation is aborted."

My Windows Operating System is Vista Ultimate 64 SP2. Why would I receive this message?