Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is It Safe To Upgrade Yet?

Options

I upgraded from 09 to 10 back when 2010 came out and it was a bit of a nightmare. Upgrade installation went smooth, but soon started getting hit with "critical error" or messages from Bitdefender to that effect. A bug report was automatically flashed on the screen and I was constantly being asked to send the error in for testing.

I got to a point in about October that I just went back to 2009. Not knocking the product, I'd just like opinions whether I should stop the 2009 updates and move up to 2010. Is 2010 now relatively stable?

Comments

• Emile
    Options

hello, I was an happy user of BDIS 2009, now I am an happy user of (since 1 week) BD TS2010.

• FCCMA
    Options

I had bad experience in using BD TS in past 3 years. It turned grey all the time & requesting reboots.

I turn back to BD IS 2009 & 2010 now , so far so good & my computer Vista runs perfectly good with BDIS.

• Lionet
    Options
    I upgraded from 09 to 10 back when 2010 came out and it was a bit of a nightmare. Upgrade installation went smooth, but soon started getting hit with "critical error" or messages from Bitdefender to that effect. A bug report was automatically flashed on the screen and I was constantly being asked to send the error in for testing.

I got to a point in about October that I just went back to 2009. Not knocking the product, I'd just like opinions whether I should stop the 2009 updates and move up to 2010. Is 2010 now relatively stable?

Maybe you could give information on your sytem?

Problems seem to occur with the latest BD TS 2010 and windows x64 machines...

So...

As far as I'm concerned, I moved from BD IS 2008 to BD IS 2010 with no more problems than grey icons and deactivations (I suspect there Windows Live Messsenger) A reboot is necessary, with a fresh reformated system I have less issues... however I use a windows XP Home, x32 and so on...

I had trouble with the 2008 version too (grey icones) as well... and I know the repair function :wacko:

And the past, other FW/antivirus brought me trouble too...

So... a good software will appear anywhere anytime to fulfill one's needs as long as we do not update anything else, and unfortunately we are compelled to do that (microsoft or other).

Result: any problems could happen anywhere any time... :huh:

Sorry for the pretty low key thinkings, but I have been feeling for a long time that quality moves like the ebb & flow of any activity... in a very short time.

:huh:

I keep on using BD and another soft on another machine simply because I believe others are no better... and I do not bother to change every year now :)

Difficult to say 2010 is so much better now after the black saturday :D however, Counterspy and McAfee did their best to break systems down in the last fortnight. :D

If you feel fine now with the 2009, try to keep it.

My motto: let sleeping dogs lie!

:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure 2010 is stable like any soft as long as I do not switch on the machine... :D

Good surf!

L.

• hodge
    Options

Thanks to all who replied and especially to you Lionet for the thoughtful reply. I have Bitdefender on a 5 year old Compaq desktop and just recently used the network option to include it on a used Panasonic Toughbook I bought (also probably about 5 years old) so I'm guessing 32bit for both, but I'm not that much of a techie to know - I just want something that works. The 2009 works fine on the desktop and you're right, if it works, keep it. On the "new" lap top I bought to play with 2009 keeps graying out and it bugs me -I'm not sure if it does that because it is trying to update in the background or MSN messenger is causing a problem in the background. If I restart or wait 5 minutes it reconnects, which is a pain. Regardless, Norton was a nightmare, Kaspersky never seemed to alert you to anything, but at least Bitdefender has popped up once in a blue moon and let me know that something was hitting my connection.

Again, thanks for the feedback. I'll keep following the 2010 thread and decide at some point whether jumping into 2010 is in my best interests.

Maybe you could give information on your sytem?

Problems seem to occur with the latest BD TS 2010 and windows x64 machines...

So...

As far as I'm concerned, I moved from BD IS 2008 to BD IS 2010 with no more problems than grey icons and deactivations (I suspect there Windows Live Messsenger) A reboot is necessary, with a fresh reformated system I have less issues... however I use a windows XP Home, x32 and so on...

I had trouble with the 2008 version too (grey icones) as well... and I know the repair function :wacko:

And the past, other FW/antivirus brought me trouble too...

So... a good software will appear anywhere anytime to fulfill one's needs as long as we do not update anything else, and unfortunately we are compelled to do that (microsoft or other).

Result: any problems could happen anywhere any time... :huh:

Sorry for the pretty low key thinkings, but I have been feeling for a long time that quality moves like the ebb & flow of any activity... in a very short time.

:huh:

I keep on using BD and another soft on another machine simply because I believe others are no better... and I do not bother to change every year now :)

Difficult to say 2010 is so much better now after the black saturday :D however, Counterspy and McAfee did their best to break systems down in the last fortnight. :D

If you feel fine now with the 2009, try to keep it.

My motto: let sleeping dogs lie!

:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure 2010 is stable like any soft as long as I do not switch on the machine... :D

Good surf!

L.