Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Gamers: Must Read!

Options

For the last couple of months I have been experiencing extreme "slow-down" issues along with "static-like" sound in my 3D games. The slow-down seems to occur along the same time the static sounds start up during these games. I notice the static sounds constantly when there are low-frequency sounds produced in the game (i.e. explosions, ambient low frequency tones, deep footsteps on a metal flooring, etc.). I installed the latest 195.62 NVIDIA drivers and have reinstalled them...I have the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers as well. Still none of these fixed my problems.

I experience these problems across all my games (Mass Effect, Batman Arkham Asylum, ...and now Dragon Age). Mass Effect used to work fine...so did Batman. So, after considering all the problems I experienced along with many others late last year (reference this 10 page forum discussion with several responses from BitDefender (http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=16648), I thought maybe the static sounds and slow-down in my games was also from BitDefender Antivirus 2010.

So, I just now uninstalled BD Antivirus 2010 and everything works fine now. Unfortunately, it looks like my suspicions are correct. Something is messing with these games and I believe it came from a BD Antivirus 2010 patch...I'm almost 100% sure of it. If others out there have experienced this, please post here. I am a frequent gamer, so this problem is unacceptable.

=System Specs=

CPU: Intel Core i7 920

Mobo: Foxconn Renaissance

Sound: Onboard Realtek HD Audio (Harp Card)

Video: EVGA GTX 260 Core 216

RAM: 6GB OCZ DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

HD: WD10EADS 1TB SATA II 7200 RPM 32MB Buffer

Comments

• Anyone else having these issues?

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options

What operating system ?

As you can read in my topic there came other issues too ,along with the update ,on W7 64 bit though -> http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=17718

So in fact the gaming mode is not working ,they brake its interface aspect and the functionality :) .

Anyway ,i never managed to play a game after the interface got messed up for me ,already removed IT from my computer.

Anyway stay cool ,they dont care to fix the bugs that came as fixes for other bugs that were initially fixes for other bugs :) .A new fix is a new bug not yet discovered.

Some antivirus software have updates for the program and updates for the signatures separatelly.I will never understand why BD forces updates for the program itself too when they could leave program updates optional ,to avoid issues.One update may fix something for some and brake for others.Theoretically a final product should not need fixes it should simply work ,updates should enhance the product .

Anyway i m waiting BD 2011 ,BD 2010 is unfixable ,still in beta stage.

• I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

• I will never understand why BD forces updates for the program itself too when they could leave program updates optional ,to avoid issues.One update may fix something for some and brake for others.Theoretically a final product should not need fixes it should simply work ,updates should enhance the product .

in fact you can.

switch to expert mode, go to Update section and Settings tab.

there check "Prompt before downloading updates" instead of "Silent update"

now you'll have a choice to download signatures or product updates or both.

i explained this feature on this board few months ago.

• Hello,

I use(d) BitDefender Free Edition for years now. I never needed nor wanted "active scanning" in background. I checked every suspicious file manually and ran a full system scan every few weeks. Had never problems with viruses or Bitdefender itself.

The last time I installed my Windows was 1.5 years ago. The BitDefender I downloaded then was good, had never problems with it. I removed the agent from the startup, cause I don't need any "update-checker" or whatsoever for this kind of program. Doing this also - manually! (before every scan)

Last week I refreshed my system and downloaded the newer Free Version of BD. Same procedure as... wait, no! There were two new (startup)files in this version. No more "bdagent", now they're called... uhm... don't remember the names anymore. Some *srv.exe files (I think one was "livesrv.exe"!? not sure).

I googled the names and found out it was BD-stuff. But I didn't wanted these things to run in the background! So I tried to remove it. Taskmanager didn't let me end the two processes. And there were no options in BD itself. Windows Startup also didn't show me a sign of this background-programs. This is REALLY annoying! Why are they forcing me to use this cr*p? (sorry for that... but I don't like "forcing applications"! it's my decision what to run on my PC!)

Anyway, I decided to leave the files for now. Hey, it's Bitdefender! Never had problems with it!

Then I installed Mass Effect, one of my favorite games! It began with the installation. Shortcuts were missed, no Startup entry. What the... (never had this problems before), anyway, I found the game on my disk and started it from there! Yes, it's working... but veeeery slow!

I searched on the internet for a solution. I had never problems with that game. Reinstalled drivers for all my stuff, uninstalled codecs, etc... I lost 3 hours!

Then I found a guy who had problems with a PowerDVD background service. And I remembered those two service-files from BD!

So I uninstalled BD and testet the game... and it works fine now!

Now I have to find an older version of BD, with the lovely "BDAgent" service. Can't wait to cancel this process! :-P

• I know this is an old thread, but I just recently switched to BDIS 10 from 08 and started having the same problems. It doesn't seem to be a game mode problem as it happens whether game mode is enabled or not. But randomly throughout many different games, the sound will start echoing and get really bad. It didn't happen before the jump to 10, and when I turn off BD, it never happens. But I can't just restart the game, because it still happens. I have to shut down my entire comp and restart just to get it to stop. And even then, sometimes my computer freezes at the shutdown screen and I need to hard kill it.

But I game fairly frequently, and if this is a constant bug, I'm not too happy. So if anyone knows a fix to this, that'd be great. Or if I could just go back to 08 version, I'd probably be okay with that too.

General Specs:

Windows Vista 64

Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz

6 GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 285

• I know this is an old thread, but I just recently switched to BDIS 10 from 08 and started having the same problems. It doesn't seem to be a game mode problem as it happens whether game mode is enabled or not. But randomly throughout many different games, the sound will start echoing and get really bad. It didn't happen before the jump to 10, and when I turn off BD, it never happens. But I can't just restart the game, because it still happens. I have to shut down my entire comp and restart just to get it to stop. And even then, sometimes my computer freezes at the shutdown screen and I need to hard kill it.

But I game fairly frequently, and if this is a constant bug, I'm not too happy. So if anyone knows a fix to this, that'd be great. Or if I could just go back to 08 version, I'd probably be okay with that too.

General Specs:

Windows Vista 64

Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz

6 GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 285

Come to think of it,

I only started using Bitdefender TS 2010 since December 2009. (never used BD before that) And I didn't have problems with gaming...up until today, that is. I have been reading up on the subject on the forums, but I tend to believe that this isn't a specific Game Mode problem either, but rather a general BD issue.

I used Game Mode while playing FEAR (because a really good game merits replaying IMHO), and found that the game regularly lags up to the point where it totally freezes altogether. When this happens, I am unable to open the taskmanager in Win XP with ctrl-alt-delete and I can't close the game down. So every time this happens I have to reboot the whole system, or else I am twiddling my thumbs indefinitely looking at a static game.

Now, I have tried all manner of things, like denying the game access to the internet first (firewall rules), then closing down the connection to the internet (not needed if I am playing locally, I thought), then not playing in game mode but with the normal firewall (when not connected to the internet), then on top of that adding the game to the AVC exclusion list and whatnot...

And the problem persists. Which I think is rather strange, because in the BD Game Modes "default included games" list there is a FEAR entry ! To me this sort of suggests that either Game Mode doesn't work at all, or when BD is scheduled to update, this invariably throws a spanner in the works, even if you're not connected to the internet at the moment this lagging occurs.

What am I to make of it ?

• BitDefender has huge issues with Nvidia drivers.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...c=19101&hl=

• Seeing as I have a Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT graphics card, the thread you posted in reply seems to confirm my suspicions. Turning real-time protection off is probably the only solution available for the time being. I have not tried this yet, but I bet this will do the trick, indeed.

Which sort of begs the question as to why on earth BD doesn't have an option to switch off all firewall options altogether with just one mouseclick like other firewalls have ?

• PinguThePenguin,

If you want to disable the BitDefender modules you can open the product -> click on Settings from the top right corner and uncheck the box next to module (Antivirus, Firewall, etc.).

At, this point, regarding the situation you are dealing with, there is no need to disable the Firewall module since you do not have a connectivity issue. Please follow the steps bellow and let us know if the issue persists:

- open BitDefender

- go to Settings from the top right corner

- Switch UI to Expert Mode, click Apply and then OK

- go to the Antivirus module

- click on Advanced Settings

- uncheck the Active Virus Control is enabled and click OK

- close BitDefender and check if the situation persists

- if it is working please go back to Advanced Settings

- enable Active Virus Control

- click on the + sign and add a rule for each game.

testtube13:

I am sorry for the late reply to your post. Please follow the steps above to disable the AVC from BitDefender and let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

• The solution Eric provided on another thread, by turning off both AVC and IDS at the same time, is indeed the only solution. I have been playing like this consistently for quite a while now, without any problems.

The best one can do is actually:

- turn the connection to the internet off

- turn off AVC and IDS (no need to go changing to Game Mode afterwards, it seems)

when you want to play single-player games installed on your HD.

• Unknown
    Options

Thank you for the feedback PinguThePenguin, if you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Best regards,

• The solution Eric provided on another thread, by turning off both AVC and IDS at the same time, is indeed the only solution. I have been playing like this consistently for quite a while now, without any problems.

The best one can do is actually:

- turn the connection to the internet off

- turn off AVC and IDS (no need to go changing to Game Mode afterwards, it seems)

when you want to play single-player games installed on your HD.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one. Told ya I wasn't crazy. :wacko: