Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Problem

Options

Hi I have used bit defender 2009 and then discontinued as I was sold a diiffrent antivirus by my vendor, now I have re installed the bitdefender 2010 (trial version) and found that my printers and browser ets are not working guess its the firwall problem but was un able to locate the stiings can you help?

Regards

Waraich

Comments

• Lionet
    Options
    Hi I have used bit defender 2009 and then discontinued as I was sold a diiffrent antivirus by my vendor, now I have re installed the bitdefender 2010 (trial version) and found that my printers and browser ets are not working guess its the firwall problem but was un able to locate the stiings can you help?

Regards

Waraich

Hi Waraich,

What I know is that we should have:

One (and only one) firewall

One (and only one) anti-virus

One antispyware (debatable)

You write you bought another antivirus. You'd better deinstall every other antivirus or firewall before installing Bitdefender. Besides, the old bitdefender 2009 should be deinstalled as well. Check the forum to follow the procedure, you'll find some topisc. It could be a bit difficult (the uninstall command could not do the entire job).

You could use CCleaner (free) to deinstall the software you need to get rid off, but beware! working in the registry base can be dangerous.

I do not know the "trial" version, so I can't tell you the difference (options, time to be used, not real time protection?) but I do not see why your printers and your browser should get impacted by the trial version.

Maybe an expert will answer soon, you could give some more details on your computer, XP? Vista? Seven? (you see what I mean).

Have a nice night,

L.

• Hello guys,

the Trial Version has all the features of the product activated, but lasts for 30 days, for tests purpose!

regards,

AT.

• FCCMA
    Options

Trial version will be having same features as the paid version.

In case you want to find out if it is blocked by the firewall, simply shut down BD Firewall or the entire BD so you may find out if the browser or printed being impacted.

What was the old Antivirus using ?

May be the problems caused by uninstalling the old AV.....

• Hello waraich,

First of all please open BitDefender -> go to Settings -> Switch UI to Expert mode -> go to the Firewall module -> disable the Firewall is enabled option and check if your applications are connecting to the Internet.

If they are, go back to the Firewall module -> enable it -> go to the Network tab -> select the Local\Wireless Area Connection -> set the Trust Level to Trusted Local, Stealth Mode to Remote and Generic to Yes. Go to the Rules tab and click on Reset rules.

After this, please start again the applications and when you are receiving a pop-up message from the Firewall module asking you whether to Allow or Deny the application to connect to the Internet please choose Allow for the ones you know.

Thank you.

• tersoo
    Options

i brought a 10 user license and had to do a system restore on one of the laptops, then i reinstalled bitdefender 2010 total security, it says the firewall is disabled, and it refuses to update......it says no network i detected and no gateways set....how to i get my firewall enabled and update it?? its vista business 32bit

• Unknown
    Options

Hello tersoo,

Please follow the steps from this KB article in order to reinstall the Firewall drivers.

Thank you.