Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Renewal Question

Options

In 60 days my BDIS 2009 is going to expire and I would like to renew the license for another year. My question is whether the remaining 60 days will be automatically added to the new key or I have to input the newly purchased key EXCACTLY the last day of a current license?

A year ago, I had to go through a lot of trouble with technical support online in order to merge an old license key and a new key to have remaining days added to a new key. That is why my question. Has anything changed in this matter during the last year?

Comments

• Leon108
    Options

Really, nobody has any experience with a renewal? No users ever renew this product and no BD's employee has anything to say in that matter?

• Hello Leon108,

Be kindly informed that there are 2 possibilities: to register with the new key when the current one expires, or to provide us with the 2 license keys and we will merge them into one in order to obtain cumulative period. Please note that the keys should be valid for the same product and also that your current license key is compatible with the 2010 version.

Please follow the steps bellow in order to install BitDefender Internet Security 2010:

Use our uninstall tool in order to uninstall/delete any previous BitDefender related files:

www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

The BitDefender Internet Security 2010 installation kit can be downloaded from here.

The installation guide is available here.

Thank you.

• Leon108
    edited May 2010
    Options

Thank you Mihaela. That's exactly the answer I was looking for. I guess, nothing has changed since last year then.

I have already installed BDIS 2010 with the previous key, which is compatible. Now, the question is, whom do I contact if I decide to merge those 2 license keys?

• Leon108
    edited May 2010
    Options

I have bought a new license and then contacted live support (which by the way is great) and they sent my inquiry to Mr. George Radulescu (BitDefender Technical Support Engineer). A few hours later, I received an email from him suggesting that rather than merging 2 licenses, I should wait till the last day and then input the new license, which I wanted to avoid and what was the whole point of me contacting technical support.

Does anybody know whether BD's products use some annoying nags & popups to remind to renew the license?

• There is no problem if you answer back to my colleague's email and tell him that you wish the 2 keys merged.

Approximately 30 days before renewal,BitDefender will warn you at every startup that you need to renew.

That's the only warning and you can close it.

• Leon108
    Options

Thank you Cristi for your kind help. Mr. Radulescu has contacted me again and promised to send a new license soon. I guess, that you were his inspiration for it. ;)

On a personal note, I would like to say that I am very much satisfied with the level of technical support given by BD. During 3 years on my BDIS usage I needed help twice and got it immediately. Live support chat is very efficient and quick. Thank you very much.

PS. Please convey my regards and thanks to both Mr. Radulescu and David from Live Support. :)

• Cristi Raducu
    edited May 2010
    Options

Thank you Leon108 for taking the time to provide your feedback to us. It is very important to us as this is the only way to improve our product as well as our service. :)

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have.

Cristi.

• Leon108
    edited May 2010
    Options

Problems solved! Mr. Radulescu was kind enough and has extended my current license key, yesterday. There was even no need to issue me a new key, as it happened last year. He has just manually added another year to my current license key so, I didn't have to do anything.

Overall, I am very pleased with BD technical support and the software itself. Thank you again. :)