Parental Control Blocking While Not Enabled

Hello, I haven't had any issues what so ever with bitdefender until today. I wanted to set my Xbox 360 up with Windows Media Center to access my computer files on my Xbox. So, that was a bit of a hassle but got it to work by setting

Firewall>Network>Local Area Connection>"Trusted Local", it was previously "Unsafe"

That allowed the WMC to connect to the xbox. So I was pleased that I had that working until I noticed a side effect...

If I access WMC from my xbox I then can't access some websites, claiming that there is a Parental Control block in effect.

So, checking all the systems, I have parental control disabled in Bitdefender, WMC, and Xbox

I even tried enabling the BDPC and setting to no restrictions... still not able to surf unrestricted.

Thanks in advance for your reply and help!

Comments

• Still haven't found a fix, would appreciate any help.

• Hi Drows,

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering, we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. Click on Start and select Run (for Vista you have the search box);

2. Type 'cmd' and hit Enter;

3. Type

cd %programfiles%/bitdefender/bitdefender 2010

and hit Enter;

4. Type

supporttool.exe /vsservtrace on

and hit Enter;

5. A popup should appear asking you to reboot the PC. Reboot the PC. If you are not asked to restart the PC, please do so on your own;

6. Open BitDefender and reproduce the issue a couple of times;

7. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer;

8. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition;

9. Double left click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator;

10. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish;

11. Please also go to the desktop and send us the file that was created by the SupportTool by email. When the email is received by us you will also receive an automatic notification. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID and the email you used to send the reports.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.