Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender.colocated.ines.ro

Options

BitDefender insist on accessing bitdefender.colocated.ines.ro all the time. Why does it need to access a site in Romania??? I am running the evaluation version downloaded from you site.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello Alienizer

First to clear things up BitDefender is made by a Romanian based company called Softwin. Here some information: http://www.softwin.ro/?pagina=istoric Which version are you using? How do you know that it's accessing that website? ines.ro is an isp. It could be used to send files that are quarantined or are suspecious.

Regards

Niels

• C:\Documents and Settings\Claudiu>nslookup bitdefender.colocated.ines.ro

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

*** Can't find server name for address 86.105.235.1: Timed out

Server: ns3.artelecom.net

Address: 80.97.255.66

*** ns3.artelecom.net can't find bitdefender.colocated.ines.ro: Non-existent domain

• iNES is one of our internet providers that we work with so there is no problem if the program tries to connect an iNES server or akamai and maybe others.

If you really need to be safe and know which of these domains are safe and which aren't I can give you a small list with the servers that are being queried by BitDefender.

• iNES is one of our internet providers that we work with so there is no problem if the program tries to connect an iNES server or akamai and maybe others.

If you really need to be safe and know which of these domains are safe and which aren't I can give you a small list with the servers that are being queried by BitDefender.

Thank you for your replies. Indeed, a list of IPs or links it is accessing would be perfect as some viruses can use a URL such as bitdefender.someserver.com to make it look like it's from your product. Sub-domain names can be made to anything you like, so I was very cautious about this one. It appears to contact this URL on every program I run. Any reason why?

Also, since I've installed your Anti-virus (the latest version from your site running in evaluation mode), I always get "connection reset by peer" errors in my mail program when checking for mail. When I disable "monitor mail" in your anti-virus, the problem goes away. I have 5 different boxes that my software is checking simultaneously. Could this be the problem?

Thanks.

• Ivo
    Options
    Also, since I've installed your Anti-virus (the latest version from your site running in evaluation mode), I always get "connection reset by peer" errors in my mail program when checking for mail. When I disable "monitor mail" in your anti-virus, the problem goes away. I have 5 different boxes that my software is checking simultaneously. Could this be the problem?

Thanks.

Try this

click on tools>>email accounts view or change email accouns-next-click change-more settings-advanced-then drag the meter to the maximum level.

And see how you go.

• Try this

click on tools>>email accounts view or change email accouns-next-click change-more settings-advanced-then drag the meter to the maximum level.

And see how you go.

Thanks but I do not use Outlook or Windows Mail.

• Ivo
    Options

Would be convenient if you tell us which one you DO have, so we dont have to guess...

Anyway, I dont think it really matters, you just need to extend the time out limit in your mail client, regardless which one it is. You just have to go through where it is in your mail client.

• Would be convenient if you tell us which one you DO have, so we dont have to guess...

Anyway, I dont think it really matters, you just need to extend the time out limit in your mail client, regardless which one it is. You just have to go through where it is in your mail client.

It isn't a mail client anyone knows of. But it does the same in Outlook and any other mail client, regardless of the timeout. The "Connection reset by peer" is almost instant. Sometime, it sits there forever as "Connecting to server...". If i stop it and try again, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's a 50% kind of thing.

If I telnet to the my mail server, it does the same thing as with the mail. If I disable BitDefender "check mail", then everything works 100% of the time, so I know it's not a server issue.

• Ivo
    Options

Fair enough. Have you tried unchecking the "scan outgoing" e-mail option?