Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 Stops While Scanning The Registry

Hi!!, here's what's happening: performing a Deep System Scan it just stops while scanning the following registry entry (keeps scanning on and on and on…and never finishes) : <System>=>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET001\SERVICES\WINACHSF\ImagePath=>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\HSF_CNXT.SYS, after this I’d not be able to dial a connection until I reboot, I guess the file HSF_CNXT.SYS remains being used by BitDefender even if I cancel the scan. it's just interesting because this file is one of the files installed by my modem's driver and sometimes, as a matter of fact 1 or 3 times in a period of 6 months, has been associated with system crashes where my PC reboots giving a blue screen error, I mean it’s like it’s saying ‘’you have trouble right here but I just don’t know what to deal with it’’. I'm new to BitDefender and i'm sure this never happened with my previous installed Anti-Virus. I must say I manually scanned C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\HSF_CNXT.SYS and it was successfully scanned, the problem happens only while scanning its associated registry entry, btw, here are my system’s resume in case you’d like to know:

Motherboard: Intel D915PGN

CPU: Pentium 4 670 SL7Z3 (3.80 GHz, 2M L2 Cache @ 800 MHz Bus)

Memory: 1GB, DDR @ 400 MHz (Two 512MB DIMMs operating in Dual Channel)

HDD: 1TB Hitachi HDT721010SLA360

Running Windows XP Professional with SP3

I really appreciate if somehow you help me to resolve this issue :mellow: .

Best and kind regards to all forum and team members!!

Rudy_10 :rolleyes:

Comments

• Hello Rudy_10,

Further to your query first and foremost make sure that you have the latest driver installed for your modem. Next try to exclude that file from scanning - on both Real Time protection and On-demand - and see if the issue still persist.

Follow the steps below and add an exception for the file(s) you are having issues with:

1. Double click on the BitDefender icon located on the Desktop to open the software.

2. Click on 'Settings' and then switch UI to: EXPERT MODE

3. Click on OK

4. Go to 'Antivirus' tab

5. Go to 'Exclusions' tab

6. Click on the small '+'.

7. Choose 'Exclude by file/folder path'

8. Click on 'Next'

9. Browse for the file you wish to add the exception for.

10. Click on 'Add'

11. Click on 'Next'

12. Click on 'Finish'

13. Test to see if the issue still persist.

Please let me know if the issue has been resolved. Regards,

• Hello Rudy_10,

Further to your query first and foremost make sure that you have the latest driver installed for your modem. Next try to exclude that file from scanning - on both Real Time protection and On-demand - and see if the issue still persist.

Follow the steps below and add an exception for the file(s) you are having issues with:

1. Double click on the BitDefender icon located on the Desktop to open the software.

2. Click on 'Settings' and then switch UI to: EXPERT MODE

3. Click on OK

4. Go to 'Antivirus' tab

5. Go to 'Exclusions' tab

6. Click on the small '+'.

7. Choose 'Exclude by file/folder path'

8. Click on 'Next'

9. Browse for the file you wish to add the exception for.

10. Click on 'Add'

11. Click on 'Next'

12. Click on 'Finish'

13. Test to see if the issue still persist.

Please let me know if the issue has been resolved. Regards,

Hi Dany!: I followed your instructions and managed to resolve the issue, excluding the file prevented this from happening!! :rolleyes: though i would like to know why this was happening, kind of strange i think, when i scanned the file manually BDIS2010 did it well, but when i tried to run a Deep System Scan always stopped and kept scanning on and on and on....the same associated registry entry of the mentioned file, i forgot to mentioned that sometimes my system crash during the scanning of this file.

Anyway thanks a lot for your great support that helped me to perform a full scan of my PC with BDIS2010 for the first time ever!! :D