Recovery After System Restore

Greetings,

I'm running Bit Defender 2010 Internet Security on a Windows 7 x64bit machine. I preformed a system restore before uninstalling Bit Defender. Afterwards, I used the uninstall tool for 64bit operating systems & then unsuccessfully re-installed Bit Defender.

When I attempt to repair the installation I receive a Windows Installer error 2753. Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

post-34146-1274543375_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hello,

Click on the "Windows Start" button. Windows XP Users click on "Run," then type "CMD" in the run box and click the "Go" button. This will bring up the DOS command window. Vista users click on "Windows Start," then go to "All Programs," followed by "Accessories" and choose "Command Prompt," and the DOS window will appear.

Type "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" without the quotation marks, and press the "Enter" key.

You should now see the message ""DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded," if this message appears, the required files for the installer have now been successfully registered, and you should be able to install your apps.

Click on the installer file for your application and see if the error appears again. If the installation begins, the files are now properly registered. Repeat the process one more time if the installation still gives the Error 2753 message.

Regards,

• After successfully executing this command twice I'm still unable to to install because of error 2753.

• Hi Dudeneo,

The Microsoft Windows error "Internal Error 2753" is related to a Windows Installer failure. If this error is popping up as a prompt on your Windows operating system, you will not be able to install applications on your system.

That error is also telling me that you may have older files from a previous BitDefender installation still present in your computer therefore I would like to look into it and, if need it, correctly re-install BitDefender.

In order to solve this issue please be so kind as to make sure you uninstalled any other security solution you might have on the same computer (any spyware removal, Ad Aware, Spybot or any another antivirus).

Having more then one security product installed on the same PC can degrade performance and cause system instability. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background. We recommend you to uninstall all the other security solutions in order for BitDefender to work properly. We also recommend you to run a registry cleaner on your computer in order to improve the system performance.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you and looking forward to your answer!

Regards,