Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Xbox Live

Options

Hi All

I need some help with getting a Xbox 360 to connect to xbox live on a pc running Bitdefender. I am using the spare Ethernet port on the pc to connect to the xbox and then I am using the wireless connection on the pc for internet connectivity. I have tried this setup on a laptop and it worked perfectly and I have tried it on the pc and it did not work. I uninstalled Bitdefender and it worked on the pc without issue. Once I reinstalled Bitdefender it stopped working again. It will not work no matter what I do to the settings in Bitdefender. I have disabled the firewall, I have turned on game mode and it still does not work.

Can somebody please advise what I need to do to get the xbox to work. I don’t want to have to uninstall Bitdefender but I can see no other way around it at the moment.

Thanks

Glenn

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Qst74,

Please open BitDefender in *Expert Mode*,

choose the *Firewall *module and perform the following changes :

1. Select the *Network *tab in the upper menu and click on the current "*Network Type*", pull down the drop-down menu and select "*Trusted Local*", *Stealth *to "*No*" and *Generic *to "*Yes*".

2. In the *Zones *area please click on the "*+*" sign and add the IP address of the local device that you are trying to connect to (XBox);

3. Please go to the *Status *tab, click on the "*Advanced Settings*" button and check the option called "*Enable Internet Connection Sharing*" .

Also make sure that you add into BitDefender Firewall the ports that are used to connect to the XBox Live. To read more about this follow THIS Microsoft article.

Follow the steps below to add a port into BitDefender Firewall module:

1. Double click on the BitDefender icon located on the Desktop to open the software.

2. Click on 'Settings' and then switch UI to: EXPERT MODE

3. Click on OK

4. Go to 'Firewall' then to 'Rules'

5. Click on the small '+'

6. Make sure both boxes next to ANY for program and command line are checked.

7. Select all 9 boxes under EVENTS and ADAPTER TYPE

8. Select the ALLOW option

9. Go to ADVANCED tab

10. Type to port into the 'Port(s)' box.

11. Click on OK

12. Restart the computer and the rule will be added for the certain port you have added.

Please let me know if the issue has been resolved.

Regards,

• gst74
    Options

Hi

Sorry but that does not resolve the issue. I still cannot connect to xbox live through the pc while bitdefender is installed. It works fine when I uninstall it.

• Unknown
    Options

Please follow the steps below in order to check what BitDefender module is

causing this issue:

1. Open the BitDefender window, select Settings, then select the Expert mode

and click on Apply and then on Ok;

2. Select the Antivirus module in the left part;

3. Make sure the Protection level is set to 'Default level';

4. Disable the Real-time Protection;

5. Then disable the Antiphishing Protection in the lower part of that same

window;

6. Select the Parental Control module in the left part;

7. Make sure that NONE of the Windows accounts have the Parental Control

enabled;

8. Select the Privacy Control module in the left part;

9. Disable the Privacy Protection;

10. Select the Vulnerability module in the left part;

11. Disable the Automatic Vulnerability Checking;

12. Select the Firewall module in the left part;

13. Disable the Firewall module;

14. Select the Antispam module and disable it;

15. Close the BitDefender window and check if the issue still occurs.

If the issue is solve by disabling all those modules, please try to enabled just one at a time in order to check which of the BitDefender modules is causing this issue. When you have the answer please post it here so we can further investigate.

Thanks!

• gst74
    Options

I have disabled all modules and it still does not work

I uninstalled bitdefender once again to see if it was still working without bitdefender installed and xbox live worked perfectly

i reinstalled bitdefender and xbox live stoppped working.

Surely there must be a simple fix to this problem

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

First of all allow me to remind you that it's highly not recommended to work on resolving an issue with more than a single engineer as that can create confusion and conflicts in the proposed resolutions. Each engineer is having his/her own way of dealing with the issues and gathering the needed information.

Considering the above I have taken ownership of the ticket ID 201005261007991 you already had open with Us and one of my colleagues. Instructions on how to further investigate were sent to the respectful email address.

Looking forward to your answer!