Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Switch Agent Not Responding

At the end of session (W XP Home Edition SP3),sometimes a window shows that "BD Switch Agent" is not responding and it prompt for "End Task" or Cancel? What could be problem?

Comments

• Unknown
    edited March 2010

Hello ONT,

Could you please make a screen shot with the error message and post it here?

Please also tell me, have you noticed if this is happening with a regularity? Are you running a specific application when this is happening?

If the same issue occurs please access this link, download the archive, extract it and run the stop bdagent.exe. Please let me know is the issue still occurs after running the tool.

Thank you.

• Hello ONT,

Could you please make a screen shot with the error message and post it here?

Please also tell me, have you noticed if this is happening with a regularity? Are you running a specific application when this is happening?

If the same issue occurs please access this link, download the archive, extract it and run the close agent.exe. Please let me know is the issue still occurs after running the tool.

Thank you.

Dear Carmen Cernev

I've no screen shot yet but hopefully send you on the next occurrence. Actually this message appear sometimes only when I logoff,restart or shutdown my PC and there is not running any other program except background services as the Windows session is ending.

And the link in your mail is not active and I could not download the said tool. Kindly send an active link.

Regards

• Dear Carmen Cernev

Here is the snapshot of the subject issue.And the link in your last reply is not active and I could not download the said tool. Kindly send an active link.

Kindly suggest me further.

post-31288-1268825666_thumb.jpg

post-31288-1268825752_thumb.jpg

• Hello ONT,

I edited my previous post and now you should be able to download the tool. Sorry about that.

Please also try the following:

- open BitDefender and Switch UI to Expert mode

- go to the General module -> Settings tab

- uncheck the Send virus reports and Enable BitDefender Outbreak Detection options from the Virus Report Settings

Please let us know if the issue persists after following these steps.

Thank you.

• Dear Carmen Cernev

I did accordingly, but I have some queries

1) What is BD Switching Agent?

2) How it relates to Send virus reports and BitDefender Outbreak Detection?

3) I checked both of the options since Bitdefender installation, then the subject problem should occur at the end of each windows session but it occur randomly. Why is this so?

And whether the issue resolved or not, I would be able to reply you in few days, because it occurs in a random manner and not at the end of every session however.

• Hello Carmen

I did accordingly as instructed by you but the problem still occur in random manner. Kindly suggest further and also reply previous queries.

• Hello Carmen

Subject issue still appear randomly sometimes.

• Still appearing and still waiting for response

• Hello Carmen

I am still facing the subject issue and still waiting for your response.

1) What is BD Switching Agent?

2) How it relates to Send virus reports and BitDefender Outbreak Detection? And why it appear at random manner if these options are checked, because if they are checked, it should appear at the end of each windows session, but this doesn't happen as its appearance is random. Why is this so?

• Yet another issue that has reared its ugly head again, reading these forums, i see lots of old problems that existed with earlier builds now in this build, some had gone away,