Bit Defender Is2010 Stops My Pc !

This is the second such incident of this junk-ware that i have payed money for thats supposed to be a security product.

Today @ 10:40am my pc stopped in that also it was switched on the cooling fans running all processing had stopped totally totally non responsive,and the Grey ball is back!!!( When i went to use my pc some 4 hours later i notice this) ,So i had no choice but to power off using the reset button, this is well known for causing data corruption,

A very similar thing also happened last week but my scree was blacked out that time, the only thing I'm able to do is move my mouse, i cannot select anything, i checked the logs of programs that were running and all stopped around the same time

Well as i have a older build available to me i may use that , or i may just give up on this junk and choose a real FINISHED security product that WORKS!!!!

So any fix for what you have clearly broken? as it never used to do this before the latest build

Comments

• dave r
    edited June 2010

Well since my last post i Un-installed BD latest build,eventually, as i got the not enough privileges b/s when i tried to repair, so i had to use the un -install tool, and as it was un installing the crashed submit report pop up kept appearing,lol says it all really And then installed the previous build 13.0.20.347 and manually updating to prevent the build product update, now i get a problem with Perfect disk 11 defrag s/ware in that it will start to load but stop before it does, locking my pc up, this is suspect is down to the avs that is disabled but continues to work, as it still will display pop ups asking to allow or block certain app's certainly a lot of serious flaws in this bit defender s/w i certainly won't be in any hurry to install the next version of this product,i have very little confidence in this company now, they just keep failing, time and time again, fix one thing for win7 users and break several things for the xp user some support, and then blame everything else except this buggy s/w that's no more than a beta version

• Hello Davey,

In order to solve this issue please be so kind as to make sure you uninstalled any other security solution you might have on the same computer (any spyware removal, Ad Aware, Spybot or any another antivirus).

Having more then one security product installed on the same PC can degrade performance and cause system instability. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background. We recommend you to uninstall all the other security solutions in order for BitDefender to work properly. We also recommend you to run a registry cleaner on your computer in order to improve the system performance.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.

• dave r
    edited June 2010

Well seeing as this a case of bd crashing ,(services not responding) that sometimes fail to re start automatically and eventually cause other processes to also stop i have disabled the self protect driver, so i can at least kill all bd running processes,and either restart my pc normally without risk of corruption or data loss to my system, and yes i am aware that malware could also kill bd running processes, but i at the moment would sooner take my chances, and re-gain control of my pc, that's seems to be something that these software vendors have forgotten , why not have a password or catchpa system instead so the end user can make the decision to stop or start bit defender easily

And on another note can someone tell me why the AVC still continues to block programs even when it's disabled? it has always done this, there is not much point in giving the end user the choice to use or not use something if selecting not to use something does not change the setting to off,

And it block's things like VLC player? which seems a bit pointless

• Hi Davey,

The pop-up you are referring to its related to the IDS (Intrusion Detection System), a BitDefender feature that it's monitoring the applications that connect to the Internet, same as the AVC is doing for files run locally on your PC. Please try to disable the IDS and let me know if the issue persist:

1. Open BitDefender and switch it to Expert Mode

2. Go to the Firewall module

3. Click on Advanced Settings

4. Uncheck the box next to 'Enable Intrusion Detection'

5. Restart the PC and test to see if the issue still persist.

Furthermore also enclose a screenshot of the notification you receive when the application is blocked

Last but not least I would like to thank you for your feedback, be sure that it will be forward to the respectful department.

Regards,