Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Wta:how To Prevent Netcut (arp Spoofing) With Bitdefender

Options

a friend of mine give me program called netcut, it suppose to cut network access from target computer using arp spoofing, i'm curious so i try this program on my laptop, my current config as follow:

1. 1 PC server with internet connection, shared via AP on server (built in AP on PC)

2. my laptop, the program i run netcut

both PC using bitdefender internet security. with firewall activated and ICMP disabled

problem :

i execute netcut from laptop, then i try "cut" connection of other PC that currently connected to wifi

it works, but wifi connection also disconnected, and it happen to all computer connected to that same wifi network, wan connection in server PC not affected cause it use different network card.

i try reboot laptop, but wifi still disconnected

the only solution (at this time) is by restarting server

i also try to clear routing table, renew ipconfig on server

question:

is there someway defending PC from arp spoofing using bitdefender?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Please try to disable BitDefender Firewall module and see if the issue persist. Also try to add a rule into both Firewall and AVC (Antivirus -> Advanced Settings button) and again test to see if the issue still persist.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• Hello,

Please try to disable BitDefender Firewall module and see if the issue persist. Also try to add a rule into both Firewall and AVC (Antivirus -> Advanced Settings button) and again test to see if the issue still persist.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

dear DannyDan

i try disable firewall like you suggested me to, it turns out it also affected my ethernet that connect to WAN as well, now i'm unable to browse, YM, etc etc

the weird thing is i try to ping to that site, ping time indicating that there are connection, somehow netcut like blocking most of the port... but not icmp...

this netcut really make a headache, if one of the user run this program, the connection simply blocked... an i have to restart my PC over and over again...

best regard

claud

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

I would like to further investigate this matter myself therefore an email was sent to your email address associated with your forum account. Follow the steps enclosed in the email and send me back the requested information.

Best regards,