Bit Defender 2010 Won't Connect To Internet

124»

Comments

• Hello everyone,

Be kindly informed that the issue regarding the BitDefender activation is now resolved. Please retry to activate the product and if the issue persist reply in this topic so we can further investigate and resolve it.

Regards,

• Hello everyone,

Be kindly informed that the issue regarding the BitDefender activation is now resolved. Please retry to activate the product and if the issue persist reply in this topic so we can further investigate and resolve it.

Regards,

Sir,

I think u r wrong.. I install 4 Bitdifender Internet Security 2010 today.. all after installing when activating there is a error.. " Activation faild B/c the bitdefender server did not response in timely manner. you can active the product....etc". So please find a soultion as ap.....

Thanking you,,

Jojo

IT Support.

post-35304-1279198162_thumb.jpg

• I was directed here and not sure what to do but im having the same problem. I had to reinstall windows and i reinstalled everything but it wont let me activate it with my account.

Ive checked to make sure i had the right email and password and i even redid the password but nothings worked.

Just keep getting something bout activation failed! can't activate in a timely manner.

post-35311-1279201873_thumb.png

• Please send me an email as well, I am having the same ###### problem as well:

"Could not connect to the BitDefender serrver".

"The server did not respond in a timely manner".

And for God Sakes, why does it have to be emailed? Is it not possible to document the solution on the BitDefender website clearly so anyone having the same problems can easily look it up instead of having to create a forum account and ask for it? I've noticed several people asking the same question BUT NONE OF THE BITDEFENDER EMPLOYEES HAVE YET TO ANSWER, WHY ARE YOU IGNORING THE QUESTION???? WHY DOES THE SOLUTION HAVE TO EMAILED INDIVIDUALLY???? @#?*!

Anyway, back to the point, I would like the solution emailed to me as well, please and thank you.

• Hello everyone,

Regards,

Dear BitDefender

I have just installed BitDefender IS 2010 to 2 identical computers. (Windows 7 Pro, 32 bit).

One has activated OK (after some attempts) the other is still refusing after 2 days.

Michael D

• SAME PROBLEM HERE

Got internet security for 5 pcs 3 days ago.

I have activated 3

The last two won't activate.

Some server did not respond in a timely manner message.

To makes thing worse, I checked my account, and they said I had no valid products/keys, same thing on my brother's end.

WHAT IS GOING ON.

• Hi I have the same problem, can you send me the procedure to activate? thanks!

• Same problem here. Have installed on 2 computers; laptop and desktop but on the net book won't let me activate. Same error message.

Pls help

• I am having the same problem I keep getting a message that says the server did not connect quick enough and that the activation failed. I'm using Windows 7 with just the stock firewall and BitDefender.

Could an admin please assist me in get the program activated?

Peter Walker

• I have still problems to get Bitdefender activated. When will the problem be solved??

• Hello all,

Since July 14th 11 PM GMT we've started to encounter some issues with our authentication servers,this leading to the inability of our customers to login or activate their accounts.

Most of the causes leading to this situation have been eliminated and the issue should now be fixed.

At this moment you can try again to activate your account and if the situation persists please let us know so that we can further investigate.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Cristi.

• ss501
    edited July 2010

hello.. i am having the same problem as well trying to fix my aunt's pc.. the internet connectionis not working on webpages- but i can connect to yahoo mesenger and ping websites. this has happened as soon as bitfender internet security 2010 was installed after uninstalling norton 2008. I tried to uninstall bitdefender but nothing has happened. can you please help me? the OS is Windows vista. Thanks.

• Hope this can be fixed soon, I'd like to get the most of my 30 day trial, and be able to evaluate the software!

• I too cannot get bit defender too activate i emailed tech support and they told me how to activate which is not the help i need i know how to activate it, it just will not activate.

I had to reformat Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit after some issues and could register but not activate even tho i could log into my account, which now is mysteriously gone?

Anyway i would appreciate any and all help as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance

• I too cannot get bit defender too activate i emailed tech support and they told me how to activate which is not the help i need i know how to activate it, it just will not activate.

I had to reformat Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit after some issues and could register but not activate even tho i could log into my account, which now is mysteriously gone?

Anyway i would appreciate any and all help as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance

UPDATE: Managed to get it activated :)

• Hello,

Glad to see the issue was resolved. Feel free to contact us with any future queries you may have!

Kind regards,

• hi i think im having the same problem that chris and a lot of people had except for bit defender 2011. Im trying to install it on my laptop and everytime i try to install it it says.. "there was a problem with downloading one of the installation files. Please check your connection and try again". even though i kno that i am connected to the internet.

• Please send me an email as well, I am having the same ###### problem as well:

"Could not connect to the BitDefender serrver".

"The server did not respond in a timely manner".

And for God Sakes, why does it have to be emailed? Is it not possible to document the solution on the BitDefender website clearly so anyone having the same problems can easily look it up instead of having to create a forum account and ask for it? I've noticed several people asking the same question BUT NONE OF THE BITDEFENDER EMPLOYEES HAVE YET TO ANSWER, WHY ARE YOU IGNORING THE QUESTION???? WHY DOES THE SOLUTION HAVE TO EMAILED INDIVIDUALLY???? @#?*!

Anyway, back to the point, I would like the solution emailed to me as well, please and thank you.

Amen, why in gods name does this company insist on sending private emails that customers have to beg over an over for for days/weeks/months to get even that?!! Just post the fix so everyone can see it!! Also please stop posting the fix for people with the BD firewall. Half the people in this thread dont have it, they just have the antivirus so going into expert mode, then into settings an into the 'firewall module' isnt an option. What about the people who are having this issue but do NOT have the firewall? Please just post the fix. I beg you!@.

• Hi,

I am having the same problem, the error is receive is "There was a problem downloading one of the installatiion (spelling mistake) files. Please check your connection and try again later"

Hopefully, like everyone else, I can get this sorted.

Cheers,

Ariel

• Hello ISL33P,

I sent you a PM. :)

• I am having the same problem. Can an administrator please send me an email with instructions on how I can register/activate?

• Hi derango,

For the activation issue you have, I answered you in this topic and I would like to continue there the troubleshooting of it.

Thank you.

• Hi,

I am having the same problem as ISL33P. Can someone please post the solution on in this thread? Thanks!

I am having the same problem, the error is receive is "There was a problem downloading one of the installatiion (spelling mistake) files. Please check your connection and try again later"
  • Greetings,

I am having the same issue(s) as most of the people posting here. After I install Bid Defender 2010 AV, I enter the registration key and it accepts it fine. However, when I try to activate the product, I get the "Bit Defender could not connect to the internet" error message. Also, I can't update the virus database. My internet connection is fine. I can browse the web and execute ping and tracert functions in DOS.

I contacted Bit Defender via phone and explained my situation to the gentleman multiple times. In fact, each time I repeated myself slower than the first time as it was obvious that English was not his native tongue. Twenty minutes later (and sounding like I had swallowed an elephant tranquilizer) I accepted his solution, which didn't apply to my problem, and decided to post it on here. I even referenced the forum and told him that Bit Defender had a work around solution they had been emailing to customers.

The most disappointing part is I am a Bit Defender Authorized Reseller and I couldn't get my problem solved over the phone!

So, could someone pretty pretty please email me the work around solution for this problem? Thank you very much.

P.S. If the Middle Eastern gentleman who attempted to assist me via phone is reading, there is a difference between registration and activation. For the 21st time, I can register my product, not activate it!

God Bless.

• Hi,

Omer Hassan: the error message reported by ISL33P appeared when he tried to install BitDefender 2010, in case you have the same issue I would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. In order to see if it is compatible with your system, please attach here, or send me a PM with a Screenshot with your system configuration. In order to see your system configuration, right click on the MyComputer icon present on your desktop and choose Properties.

How to take a Screenshot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint));

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format.

RedemptionDigitalSolutions: I sent you an e-mail with the patch you need in order to activate your BitDefender. In case you want to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011, please send me the system configuration of your PC, as I requested to Omer Hassan, and I will send you the steps you need in order to use our new released version.

Thank you.

• I am also still facing the activation and update problem. Have tried the procedure mentioned here but does not work. I have connection through a proxy. I have set them appropriately, still not fixed.

please send me the fix/patch soon

• Hi livsrikanth,

In order to solve this issue, I would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. Before going through the upgrade process, I need to know if this new version is compatible with your system.

If you want, you can send me a PM with a Screen Shot with your system configuration or just tell me your general hardware specs (CPU, RAM, System Type...).

In order to see your system configuration, right click on the MyComputer icon present on your desktop and choose Properties.

How to take a Screenshot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint));

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format.

Thank you.

• I am running into the same issues but with Bit Defender 2011. No firewalls but cannot create an account. Through BD created a ticket and sent the data via the internet connection it can't detect. I would have thought this issue would be fixed by now. Can a tech email me the fix?

• Hi pegasus1234,

I received your reply and also I sent you a solution. Please follow my instructions and then try again to create your BitDefender online account.

Thank you!

• Hey,

I'm also having a problem where I can't connect and therefore cannot update. I never received the email where I had to confirm my account's registration either. Could someone PM with what steps I should take next?

Thanks

• Hi Justin.H,

First I want to apologize for my delay in responding to your post. I noticed that you created an online account but you did not confirm it. I did this for you and now you should be able to properly use your BitDefender.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you!

• Hello. I have Bitdefender Total Security 2010, registered it, but when i enter my mail and password, already made, i get the same problem. Could you please help me? Thanks in advance!

• Hello. When I try to activate bitdefender 2010, it sais: BitDefender activation failed!

The activation failed because the BitDefender server did not response in a timely manner. You can activate the product at any time by clicking on the "Activate Product" button in the Registration module from the Expert Mode." . I went on the internet to search over possible problems, there said to delete any traces of older antiviruses, like norton, got the uninstall tool for it and ran it, then it said it may be a possible virus, went to bitdefendertools site, downloaded the program, ran it, no virus, and still i have this problem. Can you please help me? Thanks in advance!

• Hi Antonache Emanuel Adrian,

Be informed that the license key you purchased is also compatible with the new released version, BitDefender 2011. Information of how to install it are available in THIS link.

Thank you!

Be informed that the license key you purchased is also compatible with the new released version, BitDefender 2011. Information of how to install it are available in THIS link.

Thank you!

Installed latest version with license and it worked(registered and activated). Thanks! I wonder why Bitdefender 2010 is not compatible with win7 regarding activation...

Glad to hear that you successfully installed BitDefender 2011. The issue you encountered has been solved in the new version.

Enjoy your BitDefender!

• Hi there, I'm having issuse with the activation of Bitdefender Internet Security 2010. Everytime I try to activate it says BitDefender activation failed! The activation failed because the BitDefender server did not respond in a timely manner.

Your kind assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

magautuj

• Hi magautuj,

In order to fix your situation I would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. For more info please access THIS link.

Thank you!

• Hello,

I have just installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on my new PC and I tried to install BitDefender Internet Security 2011 64bit which I downloaded from

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/internet_security/final/en/x64/bitdefender_internet_security_2011_64b.exe

However during the installation process (I choose 30 days trial for testing purposes) a sign appeared advising me that

"Product activation with the license key and the BitDefender account you have provided failed because no internet connection has been detected".

FYI my internet connection is running without any problem.

Can I have a solution to this issue.

Mtks in advance.

Rgds

• Hi John Cook,

For issues with our 2011 version please post HERE.

Thank you!

• Hello,

My software registered and accepted the license key, but will not activate. It says that activation failed because there was no connection to the internet. My internet connection is valid and working.

I look forward to your assistance in resolving this matter.

Thank you

Ken

• Hi mrcoolranch,

In order to solve this situation go to: Start->Run->type: ncpa.cpl ->OK

Right click on your Local Area Connection and go to Properties.

Next,double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and in the new window put a checkmark under: Obtain DNS server address automatically and hit OK.

After updating your BitDefender please run a deep system scan to make sure the system is clean.

Then try to register your BitDefender, in case you receive the same error, please go to Start and type cmd in the Run/Search bar, then hit.

In the Command Prompt window please type the following commands hitting

Enter after each one:

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

Enter.

Try again to activate your BitDefender.

Thank you!

• alex......please help me to.....i even cant activate my bitdifender....even im having an account....but whenever i try to activate....it cannot connect to internet.....please help me out as soon as posible

• Hi rijo,

Follow the instructions from the email I sent you and in case you need any further assistance you can reply me.

Thank you!

• Hi, im having the same problem when I wanna register the account and it says my pc not connected to the internet, but im 100% sure it is. I hope u can email me the solution wonderinglife@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance

• Ive even tried these method below but dint help >.<

In order to solve this situation go to: Start->Run->type: ncpa.cpl ->OK

Right click on your Local Area Connection and go to Properties.

Next,double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and in the new window put a checkmark under: Obtain DNS server address automatically and hit OK.

After updating your BitDefender please run a deep system scan to make sure the system is clean.

Then try to register your BitDefender, in case you receive the same error, please go to Start and type cmd in the Run/Search bar, then hit.

In the Command Prompt window please type the following commands hitting

Enter after each one:

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

Enter.

Try again to activate your BitDefender.

This discussion has been closed.