Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Task Bar With Outlook 07 - Won't Run

Options

I just upgraded from IS 2009 to 2010. Prior to upgrading the "spam" task bar wouldn't load in Windows Mail, but it would in Outlook 2007. Now I have exactly the opposite - it works fine in Windows Mail, but when first starting Outlook after the upgrade I got an error message saying there was a conflict and I couldn't run Outlook with the Spam bar.

I've searched this forum and couldn't find this problem mentioned. (My apologies if I didn't search well enough.)

thanks.

Comments

• I'm suffering from this incompatibility between the BitDefender Spam Bar and Outlook since a long time.

Each time I try to find a SIMPLE answer to this problem, I find answers not at all efficient, very long and complicated to use. I tried them with no success.

I even considered moving to Kaspersky or another solution but it was cheaper to update to what I thought would be another version with a final solution to the problem.

How is it possible that you cannot provide us with a simple solution, without uninstall and/or reinstall?

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

@Nouchet

@hew2nd

Further to your query, I do believe that the issue is caused by a faulty upgrade to the 2010 version of BitDefender. Please provide me with the following information:

- a screenshot of the error message you receive related to Outlook and BitDefender Antispam module.

- are you using Outlook or Outlook Express

- does the issue reproduce each time you open the email client

- are you able to open the email client having the Antispam toolbar grayed out OR the email software crashes when you try to open it

- what Operating System are you using (also mention a 32bits or 64bits system)

- what BitDefender product are you using

Looking forward to your answer!

• hew2nd
    Options

Please see answers below. thanks for the reply.

Hello,

@Nouchet

@hew2nd

Further to your query, I do believe that the issue is caused by a faulty upgrade to the 2010 version of BitDefender. Please provide me with the following information:

- a screenshot of the error message you receive related to Outlook and BitDefender Antispam module.

I had to uninstall BD so am not able to give any screen inf.

- are you using Outlook or Outlook Express

Using both

- does the issue reproduce each time you open the email client

Issue always there

- are you able to open the email client having the Antispam toolbar grayed out OR the email software crashes when you try to open it

My problem was unable to access the network - not really an e-mail problem.

- what Operating System are you using (also mention a 32bits or 64bits system)

Windows 7 64 Bit

- what BitDefender product are you using

Internet Security 2010

• Unknown
    Options

Hi Hew2nd,

Please provide me with more details about the issue you encounter and I will try to my best to provide you with a simple, fast and reliable resolution.

Also please enclose a screenshot of any error message you may receive.

Regards,

• hew2nd
    Options

Thank you.

Unfortunately due to some other problems I've had to uninstall BD.

Hi Hew2nd,

Please provide me with more details about the issue you encounter and I will try to my best to provide you with a simple, fast and reliable resolution.

Also please enclose a screenshot of any error message you may receive.

Regards,

• Unknown
    Options

Hi,

No worries, when you re-install it, if you need any further assistance feel free to contact us at any time, we are online 24/7 at your disposal.

Best regards,