Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender Keeps Causing Problems

Bit defender since the latest build keeps causing numerous issues with windows o/s and other installed apps

Windows explorer(Explorer.exe) will stop or crash randomly, but more so when browsing through folders/files on my pc

my screen also fails to power off after the time i set it to

other app are affected by Bd as sometimes the running process stays running after the program has been closed

i have endured this for months now, bd even cause updating xp s2 to sp3 to fail, it also will randomly stop/crash it's self causing the system to become unresponsive, the reason is the good old vsserv.exe that has always been the cause of problem's with bd 2010 products and never fixed properly

if i un-install this junk again i will be changing to a different vendor someone with a product that works ,such as esset because so matter how many times you re -install this soft it will fail to work correctly,and bd never fix the incompatibilities

I have tested these issues on the same machine without vsserv.exe and associated processes running (bd switched off) and they don't replicate

Comments

• Hello,

Can you please tell me the names of the applications that are not running correctly after you installed BitDefender ? Can you please elaborate on it ? Any error message ?

Also please explain what you mean by 'Windows explorer(Explorer.exe) will stop or crash randomly, but more so when browsing through folders/files on my pc my screen also fails to power off after the time i set it to'.

When have you last re-installed BitDefender ? When was the last time you performed a Deep System Scan, any threats found ?

Regards,

• Hello,

Can you please tell me the names of the applications that are not running correctly after you installed BitDefender ? Can you please elaborate on it ? Any error message ?

Also please explain what you mean by 'Windows explorer(Explorer.exe) will stop or crash randomly, but more so when browsing through folders/files on my pc my screen also fails to power off after the time i set it to'.

When have you last re-installed BitDefender ? When was the last time you performed a Deep System Scan, any threats found ?

Regards,

yes i do mean windows explorer (pid 3880 explorer.exe) ever since the product update to 13.0.21 this has been a problem, bd causes explorer.exe to stop or crash sometime it will give a error message(microsoft)

and i will have to press close for it to restart again ,other times it just closes and restarts again, i have tested with the previous build of bd installed and also with no av installed the problem does not occur at all

i think it is something to do with the loaded midas32.dll files modules that bd loads into windows components the midas32 .dll files are part of the avc module, which is disabled or so the gui tells me

sometimes outlook express with also crash displaying a microsoft error message on closing bd related

virtually every running process has been affected by bd in that they sometimes have failed to stop after closing the associated app down, this has already been reported in this forum

the other thing that bd randomly will do is crash/stop and almost stop everything else too, this appears to be linked to the update cycle, it is the VSSERV.EXE process that is the problem, because if i kill this process and then restart it bd is restored to normal again, no re-boot required ,but these problems are not new,maybe explained in a different way , and as i have said i have my monitor set to turn off /standby after 15mins of no activity after a few times of this working it fails to work unless i change the time it's set to turn it off

And ias i have said, if i un install this buggy product i won't be putting it back on again, as it was only 2mths ago i re installed it

• Hello Davey,

Please save THIS tool on your computer. Restart the PC in safe mode then run the tool. Restart the computer and let me know if the issue with Explorer.exe still occur. The reason why you see the modules turned off and BitDefender not responding is due to the fact that you have not restarted your computer, as recommended, after a major BitDefender update.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello Davey,

Please save THIS tool on your computer. Restart the PC in safe mode then run the tool. Restart the computer and let me know if the issue with Explorer.exe still occur. The reason why you see the modules turned off and BitDefender not responding is due to the fact that you have not restarted your computer, as recommended, after a major BitDefender update.

Cannot download the tool from the link above?

• Cannot download the tool from the link above?

What I just cant understand why Bdefenders support always use sendspace ?

The have their own servers ???????,very strange and not very professional....

• Unknown
    edited July 2010
    What I just cant understand why Bdefenders support always use sendspace ?

The have their own servers ???????,very strange and not very professional....

Some of our users are using GMail addresses that are blocking most of the attachments types we use to troubleshoot (i.e. .exe, .reg, .bat etc). For the time being we are not providing a public upload server where people can upload certain logs or tools, that is why we are using Sendspace. Each user can choose their favorite upload website.

Cannot download the tool from the link above?

Please click on the Regular download button then scroll down at the bottom of the page and click on the 'Download' button.

Kind regards,

• Some of our users are using GMail addresses that are blocking most of the attachments types we use to troubleshoot (i.e. .exe, .reg, .bat etc). For the time being we are not providing a public upload server where people can upload certain logs or tools, that is why we are using Sendspace. Each user can choose their favorite upload website.

That I can understand,but I didnot meant that :rolleyes:

You = Bdefender put a tool on another website = sendspace instead of on your own domain= Bdefender ,which seems more safe to put tools for customers to download from, because its their official site <_< then from a website not associated with Bdefender.

especially exe. files ,please read the comment.

With regards

Ps noticed a couple 100 posts were deleted :rolleyes:

• dave r
    edited July 2010
    Hello Davey,

Well after some time(a short time of testing ) i can say although explorer.exe isn't crashing as frequently as it was before i downloaded and then ran the tool in safe mode as per your instructions. but it still will occasionally stop/crash ect, also as a immediate result of replacing the file/driver it now loses focus of the active window IE7 included , ie7 had previously done this before this update installed that caused Explorer.exe to crash . and just an observation with your installed product cashes and fails to re initiate by its self even though all bd processes are running (according to win task man) if i terminate the vsserv.exe process and then restart it all works fine again, if i had not disabled the self protect driver i would have to power off a running pc risking data loss/corruption when are bd going to finally fix /stop vsserv.exe doing this?