Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antiphishing Bar And The Services Not Responding Problem

Options

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone have the same situation as me: The Antiphishing bar was stopped by Firefox and with it the freezing of the computer and the "services not responding.." message . Now the Antiphishing bar is back and so all the problems, a gray icon every 15 minutes. I disabled it to see what happens and yes everything works normal without it. What is the issue here?

Fida

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Fida,

Please follow the steps below and let me know if the issue is resolved:

1. Right click on the BitDefender icon on the system tray, next to your computer's clock;

2. Choose 'Update Now'

3. In the new window wait for the update to be downloaded and installed.

4. Restart the computer;

- Click on the Start menu button

- Go to Programs -> BitDefender 2010 -> Repair or Remove

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to.

- Test to see if the issue still replicates.

Regards,

• Fida
    Options

Hello DanyDan

I have followed your steps and was in a terrible situation for 3 days when after I restarted my internet connection was blocked and I was unable to go ahead with very important work . It was only after the third repair that I had my computer back to normal. This is really a frustrating case. I know you guys are trying to solve the issue here but it seems to me you guys still didn't put your hands on the real cause of it-I'm not talking about the antiphishing bar only about the freezing and unresponsive services also. I know that now its working and YES Firefox insisting the antiphishing not compatible and it's eliminated (I would have disabled it in all cases because the freezing was unbearable), now it works with 1-2 freezing and gray icon per day which can be handled rather than the every 15 minutes one.

Fida

Hello Fida,

Please follow the steps below and let me know if the issue is resolved:

1. Right click on the BitDefender icon on the system tray, next to your computer's clock;

2. Choose 'Update Now'

3. In the new window wait for the update to be downloaded and installed.

4. Restart the computer;

- Click on the Start menu button

- Go to Programs -> BitDefender 2010 -> Repair or Remove

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to.

- Test to see if the issue still replicates.

Regards,

• There is not a consistent way to fix the death star error you get with BD. The best way I have found is to run uninstall tool and get rid of as many traces of BD as you can. Then once deleted run your best registry cleaner to wipe away any registry fragments. Then reinstall and pray the death star doesnt come back.

• Fida
    Options

Thanks for the tip but I'm in the middle of so important work that I won't risk and try any kind of a 'fix' that might do like what happened last time. Maybe I'll try it after 2 months when I finish my work on this computer.

There is not a consistent way to fix the death star error you get with BD. The best way I have found is to run uninstall tool and get rid of as many traces of BD as you can. Then once deleted run your best registry cleaner to wipe away any registry fragments. Then reinstall and pray the death star doesnt come back.
  • Unknown
    Options

Hi Fida,

If it's OK with you I would like to further investigate the matter and try to find a resolution for the slowdown you encounter. Check your email address associated with the forum account and send me the requested log files.

Looking forward to your answer!

Thanks,

• Fida
    Options

Hello,

I have answered your email. Looking forward for a miracle.

regards,

Fida

Hi Fida,

If it's OK with you I would like to further investigate the matter and try to find a resolution for the slowdown you encounter. Check your email address associated with the forum account and send me the requested log files.

Looking forward to your answer!

Thanks,