Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Windows Live Messenger Issues

Options

I just started noticing that Windows Live Messenger isn't working properly anymore. It's not even opening. I'm getting the message "Windows Live Messenger has stopped working." The crash report from Windows says "Fault Module Name: WLDCore.dll".

There seems to be a similar problem on the French forum, therefore I believe that BD might have something to do with it.

I tried the usual things: namely, putting the WL Messenger executable file under AVC or taking off the Antiphishing. None of them worked.

Please let me know what to do next.

Comments

• Actually, I might be wrong about the BD's interference ... I have searched a bit and it seems the problem might be cause by the new Hotmail setup with the WebMessenger.

So it might be a false alarm ...

• Unknown
    Options

Hi,

Try to login with a different Windows account and let me know if the issue persist. You can create a new one as Test account.

I do believe that the issue is caused by a corrupted user profile. Follow THIS article and let me know if the issue is resolved.

Regards,

• I managed to log back in a few days ago. There was apparently a conflict at the level of the user's display image, somehow caused by the Hotmail's WebMessenger. I had to delete the Messenger's UTL register key in order to solve this.

I'm not sure if I can put my display image back on now, I set it to None for now. I don't really use WLM that much anyway, just for checking my e-mails.

So it's all good.

• Unknown
    Options

Hi,

Indeed the issue you presented is related with the Avatar image set into WLM. Glad I could help, have a good one!

• alexcrist
    Options

On a little sidenote about WLM connection issues: I read on a 3rd party blog (Cerulean Studios, authors of Trillian Astra, if it matters) that Microsoft had some problems with their WLM servers in the last few days, which caused downtime and connection losses on both Microsoft Windows Live Messenger and Trillian clients (Trillian is a multi-protocol IM client).

There wasn't anything specified about any crashes or anything like that (just ”simple” login problems and connection instability), but I thought it would be good to post here, in case that anyone believes that connection problems with WLM are caused by BitDefender. :)

As far as I understood, these problems were fixed by Microsoft, but you can never know if they'll come back.

Cris.