Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdis 2010 Prevents Windows Backup

Options

When I try to run a backup using Windows Backup under Windows 7, the backup fails with the following error:

The backup was not successful. The error is: Access is denied. (0x80070005).

If I disable BDIS, the backup completes successfully. I want to run Windows Backup automatically and don't want to have to disable BDIS to do it. Is there a setting or patch that will allow that?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Jim Crutchfield

Long Island City, NY

Comments

• trinaz
    Options
    When I try to run a backup using Windows Backup under Windows 7, the backup fails with the following error:

If I disable BDIS, the backup completes successfully. I want to run Windows Backup automatically and don't want to have to disable BDIS to do it. Is there a setting or patch that will allow that?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Jim Crutchfield

Long Island City, NY

Try this link:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...5&hl=backup

Worked for me. Win 7 backup exec is sdclt.exe

• Hello Jim Crutchfield,

Please try the options bellow and let us know if you can run the backup:

1) Exclude the 100 meg reserved partition from the backup

or

2) Assign the drive letter W:\ to the reserved system drive then download (save) this tool and run the 1.exe tool before running a backup.

If you wish to choose the second option, once the backup finishes running, please run the second tool (2.exe) to restart BitDefender.

[How to assign a drive letter]

- rightclick on the Computer icon

- select Manage

- expand Storage

- select Disk management

- rightclick on the System drive from the right side

- select Assign drive letter

Thank you.

• jdcrutch
    Options

Thanks, but Prevx says that the tool 1 from that link contains b2e.dll, which it identifies as a high risk system back door. Can you assure me that's a false positive? Since the file was downloaded from a site other than bitdefender.com, I'm wary.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Jim,

Yes, it should be a False positive. The tool I provided you with is made by the BitDefender team in order to temporarily stop the BitDefender option which prevents the Backup function.

Thank you.

• Hi,

I want to try the option below but 'This Tool' is mising?

Assign the drive letter W:\ to the reserved system drive then download (save) this tool and run the 1.exe tool before running a backup.

If you wish to choose the second option, once the backup finishes running, please run the second tool (2.exe) to

The problem is Windows 7 x64 complains about not enough space...something about Shadow Copy...etc... after reading umpteen forums/threads, some reckon that Bitdefender Antivirus 2010 turns on the USN journal on system reserved partition after installation - which is in turn increasing in size within the reserved partition.

Microsoft were alerted to this ~12months ago, and all I can say is SHAME! (no fix yet). So I'll try BD support as they've been great in the past with me :)

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease someone help. :wacko:

• I have the same problem. Also, the tool is not avaiable for download anymore. How do I get it?

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

You can find the requested tool HERE

If you need any further assistance please let me know.

Kind regards,