Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Slowing Down Start Up?

Everything normal on load, however, as soon as the tray icon hits it almost immediately goes non-active. It doesn't respond. After what few items I have on startup appear. the icon returns to operational status.

It appears the non-active also slows down the actual loading of HP Printer, and the local area connections.

I did find by clicking the desktop icon forces the issue and makes it operational. Also, activating Outlook also works.

I absolutely hate having to do a workaround.

I have 2GB of Ram and hardly ever exceed 40% load. Pent 4, 3.2 processor. Windows XP Home, all updates are current.

I do like the options available on BD but this issue needs addressed.

Comments

• Hello,

Please follow the steps below and send us the result:

a) Please go to this page:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

and download the autoruns file.

B) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then just upload it HERE then send me a PM with the download link.

Regards,

• Hello,

Please follow the steps below and send us the result:

a) Please go to this page:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

and download the autoruns file.

B) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then just upload it HERE then send me a PM with the download link.

Regards,

No disc icon visible to me, anywhere. Screenshot attached

post-35768-1281804543_thumb.jpg

• The very first icon on the left left, the one next to the Refresh icon, just below the File menu.

• Brigham
    edited August 2010
    The very first icon on the left left, the one next to the Refresh icon, just below the File menu.

Oh, the save file. Did that but was looking for the elusive icon.

Data attached

FWIW: From my perspective it appears DD itself is the culprit. Did some timing and it takes 2-3 minutes for BD to fully load. And nothing other that the volume control will load prior to BD becoming active.