Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

System Tray

Options

I have recently installed Bitdefender Total Security 2010. When I boot up I see the BitDefender logo in my system tray. I have tested the protection level by purposly putting in virus code on my desktop. I was pleased with the results. I leave my computer on 24/7 so I checked it the next day. To my surprise the bitdefender logo was gone from the system tray. I checked to see if it was hidden. It was not.

This aroused my curiosity, so I again placed a test virus code. Bitdefender popped up just as before and instantly removed it. I knew I was protected, but I could not see it. This proves your AV is very good and deserves the high ranking it has been given across Google. But just for my sake, is there a way to ensure the logo stays down there? It bugs me if it is not. To my knowledge, this issue has only happened once. I have 64bit with 6GB RAM.

My security settings:

BitDefender Total Security 2010

Zone Alarm Firewall

Spybot Search and Destroy

Super Anti Spyware

Those are what I use on a regular basis. Feel free to tell me if any of those will interfere with Bitdefender. I was told not to rely on just one scanner.

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi Orion

It is not recommended to install and use more than one Security Solution as they may create intermediate issues. Since Bitdefender Total Security includes both Firewall and antispyware and many more, so I recommend to use it only, but however you may try "Online Scanning".

You can check/verify the below services

1. Click on the Start menu button and go to Run

2. Type services.msc and hit OK

3. In the new window locate these services :

- BitDefender Desktop Update Service

- BitDefender Virus Shield

• Thank you for your reply. As far as multiple security solutions go, I know not to scan at the same time. I use Bitdefender as my live time protection. Would SAS be bad just to remove spyware? It found 171 pieces of spyware BD missed. I also do not want to void BD and make it not able to work however so that is just a matter of asking if it would work as it should.

The firewall, I hear could create some issues. What do you reccomend for this? I am looking for the most secure way to protect my system and I am trying my best. Because I am behind a router, I figure my security will be slighly higher against hackers and the such.

I currently am taking a course to gain my CCNA, so networking is slowly becoming more famalier. To your knowledge, are you aware of any contradictions?

• coolcool1227
    Options

@Would SAS be bad just to remove spyware? It found 171 pieces of spyware BD missed.

It would be better if you can manage to collect that samples and send them to Bitdefender Labs. There may be the false positives of SAS.

@The firewall, I hear could create some issues. What do you reccomend for this?

Bitdefender's firewall ranked higher than Zone Alarm Firewall. But however Bitdefender Technical Support Representative can advice you better if you further elaborate your concerns about Firewall and its features.

• Yes no single av anti-spyware app will find every bit of malware, i have sas too that does not present any issues with bd, having more than one firewall running could well cause issues,

I have found that unless the other security app is loading drivers ect at start up or has it's real time protection activated at the same time as bd there aren't problems, i use the other stuff to perform the occasional manual on demand scan, the issues that i have had are still present when no other security s/ware installed

• I cannot keep my computer logged on for multiple days as it will randomly have a service that will shut down and require a reboot to start up again. I am running Windows 7 64bit. Any ideas? I have also disabled ZoneAlarm by suggestion.

• Bitdefender has disabled itself AGAIN from this post.... :P This is really annoying. I would prefer it not randomly cut off every time I leave it on for a couple days... It says vsserv.exe has stopped working and cannot be restarted. Please restart the system to fix this problem. How can I stop this from happening every few days? I just want to leave my PC on.

• Unknown
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hello,

@Orion: First and foremost be kindly informed of the following:

- the Spybot Search and Destroy has a real time protection - teatimer.exe - also referred to as 'System protection'. We strongly recommend not to have it enabled while using Bitdefender. You can however keep Spybot for the antimalware / ad-aware scan feature.

- ZoneAlarm Firewall needs to be removed as you have the BitDefender Firewall. If you intend in keeping both you need to add an exception into each of the two software for the other one - a rule for ZoneAlarm into BitDefender and the other way around.

- Super Anti Spyware also needs to be removed.

To be honest I see no point in having 3 different security solutions installed. I would say that BitDefender and Spybot are more than enough.

I have sent you instructions on how to resolve the issue you are facing via email at your address associated with the forum account. Your assigned ticket ID is: 201009011010089.

Check your email and confirm if the issue has been resolved.

Kind regards,