Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Another Unfixable "no Update Available" Problem

Options
jorm_th
edited August 2007 in General talk

Problem Overview:

I'm living in Thailand and bought a copy of Bitdefender Internet Security 10 here, At first there was no problem updating, but then after I formatted my computer, installed Windows/updated windowsand installed BitDefender (around 1 week ago) I could not update. The first error appeared after the installation when it attempted to update the program. The error was "BitDefender update process failed (unable to update or process canceled)", this error was displayed once the program searched for updates and tried to download the file bdcore (but couldnt download it), then when I attempted to manually update using the program after restarted, it always said "No update available", for many days I had been trying to update, it did not work. The virus signature is still "542599" with the engine "7.12628"

Attempts to fix the problem:

1. Changed the server to upgrade1.bitdefender.com to upgrade5.bitdefender.com, all of them gave the same result.

2. Uninstalled, and deleted all registry keys inside regedit that related to BitDefender and ran registry mechanics and installed BitDefender again, same problem occured (note that once I tried updating before restart, the program found the update, and when trying to download bdcore, it gives an error: "An error has occured during update (Invalid MD5). If the problem persists, please contact your local BitDefender representatives or mail mailto:support@bitdefender.com" Then after I restarted the computer, and attempted to update, the same error appeared (No updates available) with the signature still 5425599.

3. Tried changing DNS server, all of them gave the same result. (I have no troubles visiting any site including BitDefender's using any DNS server I have).

4. E-mailed support@bitdefender.com, and sent them the files they requested, but it's been a week already and they did not reply.

5. Tried renaming bdpredir.sys (according to this thread:http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=1550) When I clicked update, it was attempting to update bitdefender files, and then it gave "an error has occur during update (invalid md5)..."

6. Tried repairing the installed files (according to this thread:http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=1531) by closing BitDefender and use control panel -> Add remove programs -> Bitdefender -> modify/repair, as the localized version of BitDefender I have does not have the modify option in the autorun. I'm still unable to update.

7. The only way for me to update is to download the weekly update.

Computer Information:

DualCore 3.0 GHz

2 GB Ram

NVIDIA Geforce 7900GTX Graphic Card - Latest driver

X-Fi Elite Pro Sound Card - Latest Driver

Windows XP SP2 - Recently updated security + windows components

ADSL 512kb Internet Connection via Router, forwarded ports 80-65535

- No other security programs being installed, except the latest Windows XP updates.

- I'm not using any firewall, I also tried using BitDefender firewall while having windows firewall turned off... update still didnt work.

Screenshots:

error01.jpg

error02.jpg

error03.jpg

Please help, I tried everything...

Comments

• Guess:

Is it possible that the new security updates for Windows XP somehow blocked BitDefender?? Coz when I installed BitDefender WindowsXP gave me a message that it did not recognize BD... it may do harm to the comp blah blah... , and gave me a box to choose from "Continue anyway" or cancel the installation. I chose to continue ofcourse.

• I tend to believe that the build 7.12628 is not the latest so i would recommand contacting bitdefender live assistence and ask them for a link from where to download BD IS 10 with the latest build.Just use your already bought serial on that new build.Also when u install it don't update it,just reboot.After reboot update it and after update is done reboot even if it asks u to reboot or not.Now it should normaly work,but who knows....

Cheers!

• Ivo
    Options

Hi,

It sounds like you have done most of the solutions that are out there to fix the problem. In this case I would recommend reinstalling BitDefender using the latest build. You can download the latest buld from here.

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...security/final/ from there choose your language.

And please uninstall the old bitdefender from your machine using the new uninstall tool which you can download here.

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...nstall_tool.exe

Let me know how you went.

• ok I used the uninstallation tool to remove the program, then when I install, it appeared that the file is older than my version ?!?

Engine version: 7.12628 And I still can't update the program or definition. I chose to d/l english version.

• Ivo
    Ivo
    edited August 2007
    Options

Hi,

I presume after the uninstall you have rebooted your computer?

Can you ping upgrade.bitdefender.com?

• Yes I rebooted.

By saying ping u meant going to that website? It says

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server

when I attempted to go to the url...

• mihai_romanian
    edited August 2007
    Options

Dude google live assistence and ask them for a link and they will tell u how and what to do.It will be easyer and faster.

Cheers!

• Niels
    Niels
    edited August 2007
    Options

Hello Jorm_th

It could be that the update files are corrupted.

Go to the follow folders:

Delete only the files with the following extensions e.g test.doc (.doc is the extension):

.avxpnd, .tmppnd, .updpnd, or .gz

To see these extensions do this go to start,my computer after that go to tools,folder options,display / view, uncheck hide file extensions for known filetypes and confirm by pressing on apply and ok.

C:\Program Files\Softwin\

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\

C:\Windows\System\

C:\Windows\System32\

Regards

Niels

• Ivo
    Options

By ping i mean, Go to Start, Run, type cmd and click OK. In the dos prompt type ping upgrade.bitdefender.com.

You should get a reply back.

Reply from 203.206.129.18: bytes=32 time=57ms TTL=55

Reply from 203.206.129.18: bytes=32 time=68ms TTL=55

Reply from 203.206.129.18: bytes=32 time=39ms TTL=55

Reply from 203.206.129.18: bytes=32 time=55ms TTL=55

The time and IP is variable, depending on location. (they are using akamai servers)

If it reply's, good, if not there is a network issue.

• I can ping the server: average 357 ms.

Still can't figure out what actually is the problem... this is getting really really weird T__T