Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 "game Mode"

Options

I have been using BetDifender Internet Security 2010 for about four months now and have ran across the issue of "Game Mode" not turning back off when you want it to. This means i can not update or use other features. Every time this happens i have to play around with Bitdefender settings and keep restarting my computer until i solve the issue. Just to day i found a way to fix this without restarting my computer but it is still a pain and i do not feel i should have to put up with bugs like this as a paying customer.

As a temporary fix if you are having the same issue i found that all you have to do it change your profile setting from "Gamer" to "Basic". Right click the Bitdefender icon on your task tray and uncheck the game mode box to totally disable the option. Run update and once it is complete then go back to your profile and reselect the Gamer profile.

If anyone knows how to permanently fix this issue please let me know.

Comments

• I have been using BetDifender Internet Security 2010 for about four months now and have ran across the issue of "Game Mode" not turning back off when you want it to. This means i can not update or use other features. Every time this happens i have to play around with Bitdefender settings and keep restarting my computer until i solve the issue. Just to day i found a way to fix this without restarting my computer but it is still a pain and i do not feel i should have to put up with bugs like this as a paying customer.

As a temporary fix if you are having the same issue i found that all you have to do it change your profile setting from "Gamer" to "Basic". Right click the Bitdefender icon on your task tray and uncheck the game mode box to totally disable the option. Run update and once it is complete then go back to your profile and reselect the Gamer profile.

If anyone knows how to permanently fix this issue please let me know.

I've been experiencing similar problems for the last 4 months or so after upgrading from 2009 to 2010 total internet security. Normally I toggle game mode by right clicking the system tray icon, and selecting 'Turn Game Mode On" or "Turn Game Mode Off". It would always allow me to turn game mode on, but when right clicking the system tray icon again, my only option was to Turn it On (even though it was already On). Since it never gave me the option to turn off, I couldn't perform updates, etc either.

I did notice that if I went into the bitdefender app though and went under the Game/Laptop Mode tab, I could properly toggle between game mode off/on. See if that helps you. This must be some bug.

• Same pain in the ###### problem here,

The default solution "Open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Game/ Laptop Mode module . Click on the "Turn Off Game Mode" button and this option should stop being active" doesn't work either.

What am I supposed to do with it, except rebooting the system ?

• I am getting really bored with this ######. Yesterday I couldn't turn game mode off, today I can't turn it on. Plus, BD decided to alter my general firewall and antivirus settings.

What is going on ?

• Hi PinguThePenguin,

I have sent you instructions via email on how to resolve the issue you are facing. Please confirm that the issue has been resolved.

Kind regards,