Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Installed Alleged Fix, But Services Are Still Not Responding

I read 16 pages of complaints about services not responding and the alleged "fix". I have uninstalled all other anti spyware software. This is really frustrating because we purchase 10 user licenses and between the non responding, the cpu hogging, and generally slow internet and computer speed in general, bit defender has been a huge disappointment. Now I'm supposed to buy 2011 when Panda worked great for us last year? Please. The only way we'll use 2011 is if it is free.

Comments

• I read 16 pages of complaints about services not responding and the alleged "fix". I have uninstalled all other anti spyware software. This is really frustrating because we purchase 10 user licenses and between the non responding, the cpu hogging, and generally slow internet and computer speed in general, bit defender has been a huge disappointment. Now I'm supposed to buy 2011 when Panda worked great for us last year? Please. The only way we'll use 2011 is if it is free.

Exactly, I purchased ESET Nod 32 Antivirus because of this problem. Now they said an 'update' or 'fix has been issued and this problem is now 'resolved'

So me standing by BitDefender, I re-installed BitDefender (even after purchasing another antivirus) and did the update and I thought 'well at least it is fixed' and it seemed fixed.. nope two days later and exactly the same problem. I have no other antivirus/anti-spyware installed and I've checked and double-checked hard-drives and the registry for any other traces of another antivirus/anti-spyware. I've done complete uninstalls of any other program that would interfere.

C'mon BitDefender what is this??? If the problem was 'resolved' why is the error still appearing? And I think it's kind of unfair that I have to do so much just for the product to try and work...

• Floydd
    edited October 2010
    Exactly, I purchased ESET Nod 32 Antivirus because of this problem. Now they said an 'update' or 'fix has been issued and this problem is now 'resolved'

So me standing by BitDefender, I re-installed BitDefender (even after purchasing another antivirus) and did the update and I thought 'well at least it is fixed' and it seemed fixed.. nope two days later and exactly the same problem. I have no other antivirus/anti-spyware installed and I've checked and double-checked hard-drives and the registry for any other traces of another antivirus/anti-spyware. I've done complete uninstalls of any other program that would interfere.

C'mon BitDefender what is this??? If the problem was 'resolved' why is the error still appearing? And I think it's kind of unfair that I have to do so much just for the product to try and work...

Okay, just saw the have released a 'patch' and is now working for now. My post is still valid as it has taken a lot of time trying to fix this myself (install/uninstall/re-installs etc etc) as well as purchasing another Antivirus. It should not have taken over a year to fix a 'critical problem'.

Anyhow, if this problem is now indeed 'resolved' then I will put it to rest. Just be thankful that you released this now as you would have lost a customer..if that is important to you.

Let's hope for more happier times with BitDefender..

• Hi all,

First I want to apologize for my delay in responding to your post and for any negative experience you had with our software. In case you still have the same issue, in order to solve it, I would recommend you to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2011. Before going through the upgrade process, I need to know if this new version is compatible with your system.

If you want, you can send me a PM with a Screen Shot with your system configuration or just tell me your general hardware specs (CPU, RAM, System Type...).

In order to see your system configuration, right click on the MyComputer icon present on your desktop and choose Properties.

How to take a Screen Shot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint));

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format.

Thank you.:)

• dave r
    edited October 2010

Yeh, i get the same,the fix however if run will restart vsserv.exe that's if you are able to click on it to open and run it,lol some fix, looks like i will be trying to find a buyer for my un used sealed retail boxed version of Internet security 2009 as i have very little faith in bitdefender or it's 2011 versions

i have been a bitdefender customer for must be 3yrs or more even, but things are not improving at all