Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Active X Problem

Options

hello

i can't open bitdefender.every time i try,i see big white box.the error is "some avtive x control can not be displayed".it had worked just fine untile today.i have not changed any settings.i have windows 7 X86 (32-bit) and bitdefender total security 2010.please help

Comments

• TitusAduxas
    Options
    hello

i can't open bitdefender.every time i try,i see big white box.the error is "some avtive x control can not be displayed".it had worked just fine untile today.i have not changed any settings.i have windows 7 X86 (32-bit) and bitdefender total security 2010.please help

Mmmm thats interesting. I have exactly the same problem which has occurred at the same time ???? I am using XP. Will look forward to the replies on this one as I have checked out my activex settings and all seems in order.

TA

• Hi there,

Can you post a screenshot showing the error message?

Also,have you made any changes/upgrades/downgrades to Internet Explorer or Windows Updates?

• TitusAduxas
    Options
    hello

As you can see I had exactly the same problem so I downloaded the 2011 bit defender, installed over the top of 2010 and voila problem solved.

TA

• Hi TitusAduxas,

We are glad to notice that the issue you contacted us about has been solved. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

• Hi TitusAduxas,

We are glad to notice that the issue you contacted us about has been solved. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

hi! i also happen to experience the same problem. I really hope you can share the solution here or you can PM it to me.

thanks!

• Hi edreams11,

First I want to apologize for my delay in responding to your post. In case you are still having issue, in order to solve it, I would recommend you to upgrade for FREE to BitDefender 2011. Before going through the upgrade process, I need to know if this new version is compatible with your system.

If you want, you can send me a PM with a Screen Shot with your system configuration or just tell me your general hardware specs (CPU, RAM, System Type...).

In order to see your system configuration, right click on the MyComputer icon present on your desktop and choose Properties.

How to take a Screenshot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint));

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format.

Thank you!

• Hi..

I am using Windows XP. I am protecting it with Bitdefender total security 2010. It worked fine for a quiet long days. recently i had installed 123 word to pdf converter. After that windows gadgeds doesn't work good and my total security doesn't open. It seems to work fine, but when opened it there i got an error message,

One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:

1. Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page, or

2. You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls

As a result, the page may not display correctly.

when i pressed ok button, All i got is a white screen. I thought it was due to that converter then i unistalled it, till i have the same problem. I don't know what to do.. Any help??? Pls..

• Hi vick_kenny,

Can you provide me with the information requested from edreams11, please ?

Thank you!

• Hi vick_kenny,

Thank you!

Hello Mihaela,

I think you should upgrade to Bitdefender 2011. I will do the same too.

Below picture is one big problem which i have no solutions to.

How can we fix this problem of Active X without upgrading to Bitdefender 2011.

Thanks

post-48108-1298287513_thumb.png

• Hi vick_kenny,

In order to troubleshoot the issue you contacted us, I created for you the Ticked ID:201102231004278. Please check your e-mail associated with your Forum account, follow the steps I sent you and reply me with all the information I request you.

Thank you!

• Hi vick_kenny,

Thank you!

Hi Michaela,

I have the same probled as "vick_kenny". My system properties are:

-Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 3

-Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80GHZ 2.81GHZ

-3.0 GB of RAM

I sent my screenshot in attachment.

Thank you,

Alexander Mitic

post-50365-1299298622_thumb.jpg

• Sorry Michaela,

I've just noticed that you recomended to some users to upgrade for FREE to Bitdefender TotalSecurity 2011 (I have Total Security 2010). OK, no problem, I would do it, but in that case, the problem is that my free BitDefender 2011 will last just 30 days :(

• Hi miticalex,

Note that you can register BitDefender with the key you have, the upgrade is free of charge. Should you need further information, please feel free to post here.

Thank you!

• i am using bit defender 2010 internet security and i have the face the same problem after a trojan infection.. i cleaned it with bitdefender antivirus 2011 trial edition, avg pro 2011 trial and superantispyware... i'm sure its clean so i install it back.. but i the result is still the same

• Hi z4005hui,

I would recommend to use only BitDefender 2011 and to remove any other security solution present on your PC. Usually when you use more than one security solutions on the same computer, the system may become unstable. This happens because all security solutions try to scan a file whenever one is accessed but they cannot do it at the same time, so this causes either slowdowns or crashes. In case the error message appears during the installation process of our new released version, please let us know.

Thank you!

• Ok so I faced the same problem.... I solve it by going to Start>type "regedit">open regedit.exe>and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Micrsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings>there delete the "zones"folder with right click, delete and u're done! It worked for me I can't see why won't work for you......oh and after deleting zones DO NOT RESTART THE PC just close the regedit.exe.