Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Is2008 Crashes My Comp After Installation

Options
mudovc
edited August 2007 in General talk

Hello!

Yesterday i had an unpleasant event with BitDefender IS2008 64-bit edition (evaluation version).

I use Bitdefender 9 Pro for quite some time now but due to the lack of full compatibility with 64-bit systems i was becoming unsatisfyed (no ON-Demand scan, no anti spam feature) so i wanted to try the IS2008 version for 64-bit system.

I started off with uninstalling old BD - the usual procedure. After the BD IS2008 installation i restarted the comp and thats where the nightmare begun.

Windows starts up - everything seems normal - but as soon as the starting logo fades and the real initialization begins the system restarts. The worst thing was it was present at all possible trys (safe mode, safemode with prompt, ...). After disableing the 'Restart on err' feature i got the hang of whats was really happening. After the Logo start the system treminated Win due to some memory leak done by a procedure or something - i got a nice blue screen.

Ofc at the moment i didnt think that BD had something to do with it so i formated the disk and reinstalled a fresh copy of Win XP Pro x64 (2003). After the system was back up again i tryed again with no other programs on, just basic clean Win and BD IS2008. After the installation - again everything fine here - there was this boot problem again. Right after the logo initialization i get a nice restart - again.

So there i go another format and clean install but this time without BD IS2008.

Anyone faced the same problem? Is there any way to avoid this and get a 64-bit ver. of BD on my comp?

Best regards,

Mike

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello MikeU

Did you see at the right bottom corner also the process,service,driver,... that caused the memory leak? I would have recommended that you took a look at the eventsviewer but because you formatted windows you can't find any information about it.

Regards

Niels

• Hello MikeU

Did you see at the right bottom corner also the process,service,driver,... that caused the memory leak? I would have recommended that you took a look at the eventsviewer but because you formatted windows you can't find any information about it.

Regards

Niels

Thx for the fast answer.

Once i restarted the comp i was thrown into boot -> restart limbo. I couldn't do nothing as it was like:

Bios load -> hdd boot -> win init (black screen with logo) -> after the black screen logo faded -> auto restart

I cant access any processes since i cant even boot up properly unless there is some other way to track errors.

Since i have a fresh install i could recreate the bug and send a pic of the bluescreen.

Regards,

Mike

• Niels
    Options

Hello MikeU

It will help if you can provide a screen shot. You can log the programs and processes that failed to start but to see the output of it you must be able to get into normal mode. To do that select enable eventsregistration for start up/boot procedure press enter. The output file is called ntblog which you will find in the windows folder.

Load lastworking configuration also doesn't work? (It could have a different name in an English windows version).

Regards

Niels

• Hello MikeU

It will help if you can provide a screen shot. You can log the programs and processes that failed to start but to see the output of it you must be able to get into normal mode. To do that select enable eventsregistration for start up/boot procedure press enter. The output file is called ntblog which you will find in the windows folder.

Load lastworking configuration also doesn't work? (It could have a different name in an English windows version).

Regards

Niels

Lastworking config doesn't work. First time it happened i reinstaled Win over the old one to save my work data to partition before disk format.

• After a crash please enter in Safe Mode and uninstall BitDefender. Also, could you please send us the files in c:\windows\minidump? They contain information about the crash which will help us fix the bug faster.

• I cant boot windows in any form once i install BDIS2008. It restarts in all forms of safe running (safe mode, with prompt, with network), even last confing doesnt work.

What i can do is take a pic from blue screen, reinstall Win over the old one and hope ill find any data in minidump file.