- Last Active
On 4/22 my problem started again: Thunderbird could not retrieve my Gmail while Bitdefender was active. Again, nothing that I tried helped. Today, 4/24, I had a Bitdefender notification that an update required a restart to complete. After that, all is well! Seems like a good update!
I tried the Bitdefender "repair" option (under Windows control panel uninstall options) and that did not seem to change anything. In desperation I tried changing security settings for my pop servers in Thunderbird, and found that for one of my servers, changing security from SSL/TLS to STARTTLS allowed them to work. But…