Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Ar fi mult mai util VPN-ul daca...

Optiuni

Daca ar permite utilizatorului alegerea unui server specific (asta a fost motivul pt. care am renuntat la el). Si daca Google nu ar identifica IP-ul VPN-ului ca fiind exact ceea ce este...

Taguit:

Comentarii

• Cristian Dumitru
    Cristian Dumitru Defender of the month ✭✭✭
    Optiuni

Vă salut !

Vă propun să arătați acest aspect inginerilor de la Bitdefender pentru o îmbunătățire a serviciului de tip VPN

Cu stimă !

Cristian

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    editat martie 12
    Optiuni

Are you talking about selecting a specific server that you want to use as per your needs? If so, then open the VPN app, click on "Locations," and manually select the server you want to connect to.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Andrei Pavelescu
    Optiuni

My mistake then. For which I apologies.

• Andrei Pavelescu
    Optiuni

But can something be done so Google doesn't identify the IPs as belonging to a VPN? It asks you to check a box, because a lot of traffic has been identified from that IP and such etc. At least it was doing that the month I had the service.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    editat martie 18
    Optiuni

Yes, I agree that this is currently happening with almost any VPN provider you use when using Google Chrome or Google search to check for relevant information or surf a website. Google also has a list of IP addresses used by most VPN providers, and that is why it is able to identify the ones with the most traffic and generate a captcha. You cannot beat Google in terms of technology. Since this is happening with most VPN providers, there is currently nothing that can be done. You will have to pass the captcha.

Additionally, at the end, you will either have to use your default ISP-provided IP address, or if you want to use a VPN, you might consider using another browser such as Firefox, which is not based on Chromium technology created by Google. This means you may go through the same situation if you use Vivaldi, Brave, or Microsoft Edge Chromium since they are all based on Chromium technology. Also, if you consider using the Firefox browser, try not to use the search option provided by Google, or else you might end up with the same issue again.

@Alexandru_BD, anything to add here?

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Optiuni

Hello @Andrei Pavelescu,

I don't really think there's a way to do that, because that IP generates enough traffic to be associated with a VPN even if Google has no way of knowing that it belongs to a VPN. If 'captcha' appears very often on various searches, what actually happens is that Google triggers 'captcha' when it detects high-volume traffic from a single IP, and this is of course common when it comes to a VPN connection. But this doesn't mean it actually knows that you are using a VPN connection, it simply detects an unusual amount of traffic for an IP, and reacts accordingly.

For this scenario the VPN teams do have a solution, to rotate the IPs more often and to add new IPs to the portfolio. However, this is a longer-term implementation, which means that the problem will not disappear completely, but gradually. So it's something the VPN developers are aware of and plan to address in the near future.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user