Access to USB drives / Bitdefender Total Security

Hello the community, I just migrated to Bitdefender Total Security from Kaspersky because of security concern, and love the product. I have an issue that maybe was already discussed: I need to plug on my computer via an USB port my Kobo e-reader to manage my e-books and the computer does not recognise the new drive. I tried on my second computer, same problem, which did not happen under Kaspersky. Can Bitdefender be the cause of this issue and how to fix it? Thanks !

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello @Marco_Lorenzoni and welcome to Bitdefender.

Can you check if the device is recognized after disabling the Firewall? To disable the Firewall, bring up Bitdefender and go to Protection → Firewall and simply turn it OFF.

Also, do you get any error message when you plug the device?

In the event the device can be recognized with the Firewall disabled, do the following:

1. Go to Network Adapters tab and set the network type to Home/Office using the drop-down menu near its name

2. Then, from the same Firewall Tab, click on Settings from the top-right then, for the network you're currently connected to, uncheck the stealth mode button to disable it.

If this doesn't help, click on the Settings tab from Firewall module and switch OFF Port scan protection.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hello Alexandru, a million thanks. I did as you suggested and it worked, with no need to switch off Port scan protection.

• Great success, happy to hear that. 🙂

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to reach out to the Bitdefender community and we'll do our best to help you out.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user