When will Bitdefender give us the option to stop ALL annoying pop ups?

Hello.

I've been a bitdefender customer for a few years now. And this one annoying "feature" (that I consider a malware) keeps worsening my overall experience with your antivirus and is the main reason I consider changing security programs and choose one of your competitors.

Every time I watch a movie, I play a game etc, there is a chance that damn annoying "Security threat" pop-up. removing focus from whatever I am doing.

If I am watching a movie that I am casting on my living room, now I have to go ALL the way back to my office to start the damn thing again.

If I am playing a video game, chances are that the pop-up has made me lose a fight if not a lot of progress in games that don't autopause.

To recap, I DON'T WANT NOR CARE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN A THREAT HAS BEEN DEALT WITH BY YOUR SECURITY PROGRAM! I only care that it does the job I subscribed for.

The same way I don't care for my gardener to come up and explain to me how he managed to uproot a nasty weed out of my garden, or the cleaning lady to call me at work and interrupt me just to tell me that she just finished washing a plate.

Now I don't want you to give me your usual blurb that tells me to "turn off special offer notifications etc" I only want you to tell me when you will give us the option to turn off the annoying pop-up's completely in their entirety INCLUDING the threat notifications.

And preferably I would like to know within the next two months so I'll know if I'll renew or cancel my subscription.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies(unless that reply is the usual turn off special offers blurb that only tells me your reply is just a "here read this and get out of my hair" one).

Comments

• Hello @Panagiotis.

When a threat is detected, a pop-up notification will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen and these security notifications cannot be disabled.

Whenever something relevant to the security of your system or data happens, such notifications play a key role in raising awareness of the events happening on the device and send assurances that the product is operating as expected. Options may be provided to take further action, if needed. Being a security product by design, it does not have a toggle to disable security-related notifications completely, as this would defy the whole purpose of having an interactive antivirus that provides feedback and alerts the user of any potential threats or attacks coming their way.

There are ways to eliminate interruptions when watching movies or gaming. You can make good use of the Profiles feature:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2062/

Enable this one when watching movies:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2065/

And this one for gaming:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2066/

There are also ways to set your preferences for various in-product notifications. Should you be interested in them, let us know. Also, if you can share with us the message in that notification, we can help you address the trigger so that it doesn't come back.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user