WIFI DISCONNECTING

I have Windows 10 PRO 64 bit on Dell Inspiron 3785. The following situation occurs whenI power on my PC. I get a notice that I am not connected to WiFi, and when I clcik on my Netgear73 is unable to connect. So I have to do a Network reset to be able to connect. On settings WiFi Status Netgear73 properties the Connect Automatically when in range is turned off.

SSID:

NETGEAR73

Protocol:

Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n)

Security type:

WPA2-Personal

Network band:

2.4 GHz

Network channel:

Link speed (Receive/Transmit):

72/72 (Mbps)

Link-local IPv6 address:

fe80::e026:1d30:f788:93e1%15

IPv4 address:

IPv4 DNS servers:

Manufacturer:

Qualcomm Communications Inc.

Description:

Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Adapter

Driver version:

Physical address (MAC):

C0-B5-D7-0B-F9-61

It was on bedore I shut down. So, have I been hacked. Very frustrating

Comments

• Hello,

I don't think not being able to connect to your WI-FI suggests a hack, at least this is not the first conclusion that comes to mind. It sounds like the 'Connect Automatically when in range' option being turned off might be the main issue here. First I would check the Wi-Fi driver and look for any available updates, then check the power management settings as well, to ensure 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' is unchecked.

You could also run the network troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions to see what's going on, and try rebooting your router as well.

Another thing you can try:

Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage known networks.
    Select Netgear73 and click Forget.
    Reconnect to the network and make sure to check the Connect automatically box when entering your credentials.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, it might be helpful to check if the problem persists with other networks or devices to rule out hardware issues. If the problem is specific to your Netgear73, consider contacting Netgear support for further assistance.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• @GaryP so, did you manage to solve this?

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user