Highly recommended

Rock.87
Rock.87 ✭
edited September 24 in General Topics

All of the bitdefender features should be password protected & should not be Disabled without a password if set. bitdefender's firewall settings are vulnerable & can be changed without a password.

almost all of these settings can also be changed:

plz provide a complete defense to any change to the security product. thx

Comments

• Hello @Rock.87,

Ok let's brake these down separately.

1. Absolutely all Firewall settings will require the password to change them, in the event one was previously set for Bitdefender. The fist screenshot you posted displays the section for application access, where there is no actual setting, nothing that can be changed. In that view, the applications that have been blocked or allowed are displayed. You cannot take any action in that view, you only have a button that directs you to the rules section where the password will eventually be requested, if it's enabled. If a password is not requested, keep in mind that there is a checkmark to stop asking for the password for that windows session, so check if that's the case. If you still have any concerns about the firewall, tell us exactly what you can change from there without entering the password. 🙂
    2. The options available in the General settings tab are considered non-essential in terms of application security. For example, there is no risk if the Widget is turned on or off, or if the UI is set to Dark Mode. All General settings can be easily reverted to their original state, including the language, and these don't pose an actual threat to the functionality of the antivirus nor will they compromise device security, if that's what you are suggesting.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• You are right comrade but all kinds of settings made by an admin should be password protected , my kids always change these settings ( even from their non admin account in win 10 ) and i am fed up of reverting them back😊.